Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone eaten/stayed at La Maison - Domaine de Bournissac - outside of St. Remy?? And what is Half Board??

Anyone eaten/stayed at La Maison - Domaine de Bournissac - outside of St. Remy?? And what is Half Board??

Dec 11th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Kimee

I thought I had read in some old posts some reference to the restaurant La Maison, which is part of the Mas Domaine de Bournissac.

It's just outside of St. Remy in Paluds de Noves.

Their web site says they are 5 minutes from St. Remy - wondering if that's 5 minutes walking or by car.

I would also like to know if anyone has eaten there how the food was. They charge 280F per person per day for half board (is this breakfast and dinner?). Is this a reasonable price, or would we do better on our own for dinner?

The rooms on the web site look wonderful - very large and a little rustic, and very inexpensive. I believe it is a relatively new place, not in any guidebooks, but just noticed that it appeared on Michelin Web Site.

Any info appreciated!!

Dec 11th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Mr. Lumber

Kimee.

"Half Board<" is a 1X2.

Mr. Lumber

Dec 11th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Sue

Kimee, I can't help you with the hotel.
Half board means that 2 meals per day are included as part of the price, usually breakfast and dinner but occasionally you have the option of breakfast and lunch.
Full board is 3 meals per day.

Dec 12th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Christina

I haven't stayed there but that's another town, it couldn't be 5 minutes walking. It's about 6 km (4 miles) from St-Remy, towards the NE. 280F is pretty good for half board IMO, if the food is good as breakfast alone can be real expensive in those Provencal inns for some reason, more than in Paris (75F isn't uncommon, or more). So that's about $25 for dinner. I would choose more on whether I wanted to eat there all the time.

Dec 13th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Anthony

Kimee,
Dined there in July, out-of-doors. It is a wonderful restaurant. Best meal we ever had in Provence in over ten years of visiting there. The view from the hotel terrace is inspiring.

One caution, while it is about ten minutes or so by car on theroad to Noves from St. Remy, watch for the turn off sign. Once you leave the main road you go on a short, windy road until you reach the access road to the hotel and restaurant. This access road was really rough, take it easy on it. But the meal you will enjoy will be well worth this effort. (We did not stay at the hotel but it looked superb.)