Reload this Page >

Prague - hotel area important?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 11:39 PM
meira

How important is it to stay within the old city? It seems to me that this area is much more expensive to stay in. Will it be convenient to stay in other areas and use the metro or should I spend more to live in the center (for 4 nights)<BR>Meira

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 11:49 PM
Leslie

meira, I think that you would be better off staying in Praha 1 or Praha 2. However, if you want to spend 20 minutes or so on the tram, you will find decent accommodations in other areas. You also might look into renting an apartment. Many people have had very good luck with them, at a lower cost. You might also look into pensiones and either small B&Bs or people that rent rooms in their homes.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Melissa

I stayed in an apartment on Spalena, which is along the main tram line. It is just between the New Town and Old Town. At first I was disappointed to not be so close to the Old Town Square. But to be honest, the food was cheaper & better the farther away I got from the tourist center. The people were also nicer, less stressed out. And shopping was better.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 01:25 AM
meira

Thanks Leslie & Melissa.<BR>Meira

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Deb

To me, location is very important for enjoying myself when I travel. I stayed at a hotel called Dum U krale Jiriho for around $50/night that was clean, comfortable, new bathrooms etc. It wasn't the four seasons but that isn't important. It was right in the middle of old town. I don't know what you want to spend but I saw many hotels for under $100 there.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 02:40 PM
jay

Meira,<BR>Give the Mala Strana area a try. Access to the Old Town, on foot across the Charles Bridge, takes about 10 minutes, and you are only 10 minutes walk from the Castle.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 05:13 AM
haydee

Hi,<BR>I stayed in Zlata Hvezda Mala Strana Near the Prague Castle, very nice hotel and people, but you have to walk up and when you are tired you don't enjoy it. I suggest the U pava Hotel U$S 160 near the bridge. Same owners. An excellent taxi driver (unfortunatelly I didn't keep his phone), recommended us.I made the reservation through Tom's Travel. Toll free 1-800-70 77 or check in the web. Praga is a must!!!!! Try the Two Violins an excellent restaurant on the Nerudova street and The blue duck.(in the old town)Good luck.