Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone dealt with or know anything about bourgognemaison.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on the verge of renting a house from this company near Epoisses and Semur-en-Auxois. The house is also listed on vrbo http://www.vrbo.com/339149 and homeaway http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p816766 . Descriptions differ slightly on the three sites and I can find no reviews of the property or the company. Anyone know anything about this property or company based in Buncey (near Chatillon-sur-Seine)? Thanks.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM

TTT for Betty.
Ca va bien?
No reviews even on Abritel either http://www.abritel.fr/location-vacances/p816766a . There are reviews on their website but with no dates.
Just found this posting on Tripadvisor, hope this helps.
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTo..._Burgundy.html

Good luck Betty!
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Bonjour, Coco et merci d'avoir toppé mon fil! How's that for a bit of "franglais"? I eventually did find that post on TA. Some good, some not so good comments. I am waiting now to hear back from them with some reviews or comments from previous guests. I probably will take this house as it seems better equipped and located than anything else I've found.

Hoping to be in Dijon probably last Friday of May. Would be happy to buy you a cup of coffee (or something stronger) if you're free. I'll email you when my plans are more fixed.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:33 AM

Please let us know how things went.
Je serais ravie qu'on se revoie (le temps file depuis 2007!) j'espère que je serai libre comme l'air!
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

After having received a little more info from Bourgogne Maison, I did decide to rent this house. Will let you all know what our experience is like. Leaving in less than a month!

Coco, I tried to email you at the old address I had but it bounced back. I've left a message on your website email. Hope you don't mind that.

If you like you can also email me at bcarver1 (at) charter (dot) net. Hoping to see you soon!
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Just wanted to report back that we had a lovely visit in spite of the chilly temps and rain during the last week of May. The house was spacious (there were 12 of us), beautifully furnished, well-maintained and very well located for visiting many sites in Burgundy. We loved the village of Epoisses with its chateau and ate very well at La Pomme d'Or (very nice owner). The nearby town of Semur-en-Auxois was beautiful with its medieval ramparts. We particularly enjoyed the Sunday market there. We also visited Fontenay Abbey, Alesia, Flavigny, Vézelay, Dijon, Beaune and several chateaux in the area. All were in easy driving distance of the house.

We very much enjoyed our cooking lesson/lunch at La Cuisine de Madeleine, especially since Coco joined us there. It was lovely to see you again, Coco. Thanks for spending some time with us.

Both Kate and Ashley at Bourgogne Maison were very responsive to my emails and the caretakers, Regine and her husband, quickly took care of the minor problems we had. Our security deposit was returned in full and on time.

I think that anyone with a large group of family or friends would be well pleased with le Manoir St. Colomban.

I'll try to get around to a more complete trip report soon.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:58 AM

Good to hear from you Betty, it was fun having the cooking class with you and your students and the visit just the two of us at the Fine Arts museum. I'm looking forward to reading your report. A une prochaine fois j'espère!