Anyone been to Ibiza, Spain?

May 4th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Brian C.

Anyone been to Ibiza, Spain?

Wife and I are going to Ibiza for a two day break during our Europe trip (end of May) and was wondering if anyone had any advice. Should I rent a car? Any hotel recommendations (budget). Also, what are the touristy parts of town? Can I get a hotel there or should I book in advance. Any help would be great. Thanks.

May 4th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Glamgirl``

Brian--

Everytime I've posted a question asking about Ibiza, I have a hard time finding an answer. I'll give you the info I've been able to find, based on friends that have gone there (I'm going for the first time in July).

If anyone has differing opinions from what I write, I'd love to hear from you:

I'm told to NOT stay in the St. Antonio part of town, as it gets VERY rowdy, esp.w/a lot of Brits (no offense, but my British friends have told me this, so I really took it to heart).

I booked a hotel in the Dalt Villa part of Ibiza--"Old Town". At La Ventana. In this part of town, there's La Ventana, El Corsario, and El Torre Del Canonigo. The onlypost I've found here was in reference to El Torre, and the gentleman wrote that it was very nice.

I think that for end of May, you should be safe, and will find a hotel, but why take a chance..just take care of it now.

That's all I know...hope I've helped a little...gg

May 6th, 2001, 10:09 PM
Brian C.

Thanks for the info. I was starting to get worried that no one had ever heard of Ibiza. Have fun there.

May 7th, 2001, 07:11 AM
glamgirl

Brian,

Thanks, and you too...and PLEASE post some information when you get back. I can definitely use some first-hand information for my July trip (hotel opinions based on what you see, restaurants, general thoughts, etc)

Have a great time!! gg.

May 7th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Eva

Many, Many people have heard of Ibiza - in fact it is a mecca for many who follow the 'big' DJ's...which means a lot of techno/dance clubs and ectasy. It IS full of Brits...However I am told that other parts of the island is quiet and beautiful..but please do your researach!!!