Search

London Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Hotels

Has anyone stayed at either the Covent Garden Hotel or the Charlotte Street Hotel in London?
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM

Hi, My husband and I stayed at Covent Garden Hotel about 4 years ago along with our daughter. She made the reservations and it was her treat so I really didn't know the cost of the room. When we arrived at the hotel I must say I wasn't real impressed with the lobby - it was kind of bare (keep in mind that it hadn't been open for very long at that time). However, once we got into our room -- it was fabulous. Bedroom had beautiful furniture, comfy sofa, lush fabrics, bed was plush with Frette sheets and superb bathroom with Moulton-Brown bath products. They also had a wonderful parlour with lots of comfortable sofas, with fireplace - very cozy hunt club feel. All in all a very upscale boutique hotel in a very trendy area. Lots of shops and restaurants in the area. I've been to London twice this past year and I'm going again next week (1/12/04) and I always check the internet for possible affordable rates there....but alas it's way over my budget, but hey, if you can afford it, I say go for it. Don't know about the Charlotte Street Hotel but it is owned by the same people so I imagine it would be the same quality. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. By the way, we have a special winter rate---check their website. We're only staying for 2 nights--a splurge for my birthday. The rest of our stay in London we're staying with a good friend. Hope your trip is enjoyable!
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:30 PM

Although I've never stayed there I'm pretty familiar with the Covent Garden Hotel. If I didn't have my usual flat I rent every year, and IF I could afford it -- my first choice for a hotel in London would be the Covent Garden Hotel, no question.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:30 AM

Both of these Hotels have excellent reputations and look superb,with the Covent Garden Hotel having the better location.