Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any websites listing Budget Airlines in Europe?

Sep 17th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

I'm planning right now for another european holiday, and would really appreciate it if someone could point out any websites on the internet concerning budget flights.

I will be travelling from Moscow to possibly Prague, then return to Moscow from Romania, and have a problem in searching for a budget airline which cover this route.

Thanks for your help.
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM

whichbudget.com is the one everybody uses. But they don't show anything on the routes you want to fly.
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM

www.whichbudget.com and www.skyscanner.net, usually, but I'm not sure you will find budget airlines between Moscow and Eastern European countries.

Sep 17th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Try this one here:

http://www.attitudetravel.com/lowcos...bycountry.html

Sep 17th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

I just found 2 flights which connect Moscow to some countries I am interested to visit. Smartwings (www.smartwings.com) to Czech Republic and German wings (www.germanwings.com) to Spain. But I tried clicking the dates next year from 27th January onwards to 3,4 th February but each search came out with 'no flights available'. It was extremely frustrating! Any possible explanation? I can't imagine them connecting routes to each country but no supplying flights for passengers to fly? Or perhaps it's still too early and they haven't decided a flight day yet?
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Some of the routes on low-cost airlines are seasonal.

Most of them cater to tourists and budget travelers living in Western Europe. I am not sure Moscow is a "hot" tourist destination at that time of the year for those intended customers.
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:46 AM

Try www.flylc.com. You can choose your departure and destination and see which airlines fly there.
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Hi Aleckii,
I am flying Smartwings in December and yes they are seasonal. You will have to wait until those dates come up. I would imagine it isn't too far away before they do and would be checking every day.
Sep 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Hey, thanks for all the help you guys. Some of your information were really helpful.