Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any way to see interior of Casa Batllo, Barcelona?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Callie

Normally, visitors to Barcelona can view only the exterior of the beautiful Casa Batllo. However, a friend-of-a-friend apparently attended a professional meeting in Barcelona and one dinner was held in the Casa Batllo, which she said was spectacular.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any information about whether it is open on particular occasions or through the auspices of any particular foundation, so that I might time a visit to the city and make arrangements to visit the house?

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 06:58 PM
paul

the casa batilo is open for tourists for the gaudi 2002 year but I believe it reverts to its closed status as a banquet hall at the year end. if you check bcn.es there is a gaudi thread which might clarify this. you friend is right==it is spectacular

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Sandy

Was there last month - it is in fact open to the public and fabulous. Maybe there is information on their website? <BR>Website is www.casabatllo.es or perhaps you can email them - [email protected] From the brochure I got when I toured.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 11:54 AM
paul

lo and behold, caso batilo is a lead element in this sunday's NYtimes travel section. the article hints that they may be open to the public after the end of the year so check it out.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 03:01 PM
GaudiFan

<BR><BR>Thank you for the tip about the article in the NY Times, Paul. It sure would be nice if they kept the interior open to the public after this year. It's a shame to have such a remarkable building closed to the public.