Reload this Page >

Any way to buy Lucca olive oil online?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Dlemma

On a recent trip to Italy, my mother-in-law had a great time, but missed out on one of the things she wanted to do. She failed to buy olive oil from the region around Lucca.<BR>We'd like to buy some olive oil from this region on-line. Does anyone know of someone who sells Luccan olive oil via the Internet?<BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
xxx

Have you tried your supermarket? My local Publix (major supermarket chain in FL) sells Lucca olive oil. Good luck!

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Dlemma

I haven't seen anything in the local stores, but I will keep looking. (I'm in Texas, and we don't have the Publix chain here.)

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Sharon

Try Marshall's....believe it or not! I buy<BR>Italian olive oils there. They do<BR>have a gourmet section. Good Luck &amp;<BR>Boun Natale! SK

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Shannon

In L.A., we can purchase it at Vons or Gelsons.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:01 AM
nonono

Beware!! More than 90% of Italian Olive Oils sold in supermarkets outside of Italy are poor quality blends of second or third class oils produced in Spain-Tunisia-Turkey and Greece. The writings on the label say bottled in Tuscany not produced. Also Lucca is certainly not the best oil produced in Tuscany, the best comes from the hills far from the ocean. try at www.rasna.com They seem to be very serious and now is the best time to order as the oil has been made just weeks ago

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:08 AM
xxx

What a surprise! First Dario plugs his book ad nauseum, and now his oil!

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 09:20 AM
JOdy

try www.agferrari.com, they have oils from all regions

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Alice Twain

wwww.espeya.com sells high.quality italian food products in the whole world. The prices are not actually cheap, but the quality is usually very high. I woudl suggest, yet,to wait a couple of months before buying, just to make sure that the oil you are buying is the new one, ando not the old one, Right now the new olive oil is not yet available for sale, often, and a one year old olive oil is not as good as the new oil that will be on sale in the next weeks.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:44 AM
claire

Alice is so right. But, it is esperya.com. I think Alice left out the &quot;r.&quot; I've ordered from them and never had a problem. Service is great. Also, they are again offering prosciutto di Parma.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Jim

I have also ordered several different times from Esperya.con. It is one of the few places I can find real Mozzarella di Buffala. They are expensive as stated above, but they deliver as promised. I would love to order some prosciuto, but the prices start at $25 for 1/2 pound and go up to $500 for a whole piece.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Rachel

I am interested to know more about esperya.com shipping fresh cheeses to the U.S. It arrives fresh and in good condition? Thanks.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Jim

I recently oredered some mozzarella di buffala and a half wheel of wonderful pecorino romano from Esperya. Mozzarella was in brine, fresh and tasty. The pecorino was also very good, small black peppercorns scattered throughout. Good for grating, also just love to slice off small slivers to eat with crusty bread and olive oil.<BR><BR>Ordered on Friday and received the following Thursday as promised in an insulated styrofoam cooler.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Gretchen

If you are in Texas look at the HEB stores or especially the Central Markets of the HEB.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Alice Twain

For the prosciutto you miay check out also http://www.parmaitaly.com/shoppingk.html. Also, try out culatello.<BR>In nay case I would not buy sliced prosciutto on-line. Sliced prosciutto doesn't keep well, not even in a sealed package. Much better to buy a whole prosciutto and find several friends to share it with.<BR>Oh, if you are after balsamic vinegar, you might find cheaper prices buying it directly from Andrea Bazzecchi at Acetaia San Giacomo (http://www.acetaiasangiacomo.com/).

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
DLemma

Thanks to all of you who replied. The site, www.agferrari.com had what I was looking for.<BR><BR>I am definitely going to check out www.esperya.com also. It sounds like a good tip.<BR><BR>Thanks again.