B & B Lodging in Kinsale and Killarney

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be traveling to Ireland next month and I am interested in a good B&B for Kinsale and Killarney. We plan to stay in Kinsale for one night and two nights in Killarney. Also since this is our first visit, any "gems" in either location would be welcome.
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:20 AM

We stayed with Margo and Dony at Landfall House in April and can heartily recommend them! If your room overlooks the town, the view is great! (Unless it is raining, like it was when we were there...) Not an easy walk to/from town, however. We had a great meal at Jim Edwards.
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM

Our favorite place to stay in Killarney is Carriglea House, [email protected]. It is just outside town, on a hill facing the national park. There is a lot to do in the park -- walking, canoeing, Muckross house and more. Nearby we enjoyed a restaurant, Molly's or Molly something, with the most wonderful soup and Irish soda bread. We didn't find the town of Killarney to be particularly interesting, but the location is good for day trips to many sites in the area.
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:47 AM

I highly recommend Earl's Court, it is a small hotel just 5 minutes for the Killarney downtown core. We have stayed there the past 2 years and loved it. They are not far from Killarney National Park, Muckross House, Ross Castle, and other must see sights. Prices are very reasonable, the hostess VERY helpful and friendly, the breakfast buffet will fill you up for the day;you must try there sweet bread! I know you asked about B&B's but you will not be disappointed with the look and feel inside Earl's Court. Great also to have access to their computer station in the comfortable lounge.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:20 AM

Just spent about 2 weeks in Ireland this past April, and Kinsale stood out as one of our best destinations. THE place to stay is the Desomnd House. While it can be on the high end (about $160 per night), it is absolutely worth it. The owner, Michael, is phenomenal. He was a plethora of information about the history of the city, and the best spots to visit. It was his little touches, though, that made the stay so memorable. Michael went out his way to spend time playing with our 1-year old daughter. The breakfast is phenomenal. Michael also upgraded us to his nicest room, without cost....why?....just because nobody was staying there and he thought we would like it. Aside from all of this, the Desmond House is centrally located to all the cities amenities.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:32 AM

We stayed at Loch Lein Country House outside of Killarney on an www.irelandyes.com special of 60Euro pp.(2007) We loved this place. It has a distant view of the lake and the stay included a bottle of wine. We loved sitting out on the lawn, drinking our wine. The rooms are huge, the marble bathroom is amazing and the cooked to order breakfast is great. it is served in the beautiful dining room. The buffet table is all set with Nicholas Mosse pottery--wish I would have taken a photo of that table.

In Kinsale, we stayed at Riverview House (45 euros pp)It was nice but didn't compare to Loch Lein.

Don't miss Herlihy's walking tour though in Kinsale--you meet outside the Tourist office at 9:15 and 11:15--a fabulous storyteller led our tour.