Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on this apartment in Rome - Vicolo di S. Giuliano

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DH and I will be spending 4 nights in Rome in March. This will be our 3rd visit and we decided to stay in an apartment so we can save a little money while still staying in a centrally located area. The apartment is near Piazza Navona. We were looking for a basic apartment because we don't plan on spending a lot of time there, so a fully-equipped kitchen and a full living room weren't really necessary.

I found the apartment on sleepinitaly.com, which seems to get rave reviews on here. Has anyone stayed in this apartment or have any thoughts?

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_sangiuliano.html

Thanks!
Tracy
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Havn't stayed, but it's an excellent location & price. I think this apt. was discussed here sometime back - I remember a comment about not much natural light (if that's impotant).
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM

Tracy, The apartment looks fine and the location is perfect. I had an apt. very near there through Sleep In Italy. I loved the area. You can walk anywhere from there. I recommend you check out the restaurant Da Mario alla Chiesa Nuova, just off Governo Vecchio. You will find so many great trattorias along Governo Vecchio.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Tracy,
Love the location. I'm not wild about ground floor, but if you and your husband are okay with it, why not?
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both so much for your replies! And thank you so much, Catbert, for the restaurant recommendation! We wanted a centrally located place with great places to eat nearby, and it sounds like this is it.

Tracy
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Leely, that was a concern of mine. I have a hard time sleeping when its noisy outside (or inside). Luckily I found a way around this...I bring a small portable fan. It keeps the room cool and gives off enough white noise to block out most outside noises.

I'm going to go ahead and e-mail sleepinitaly.com. I will give a report on the apartment upon our return.

Thanks!
Tracy
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:47 AM

p.s. I've used Underground Viaggi and RealRome (both reviewed on slowtrav) for apartments in Rome before, so if you feel like you want to keep looking...and looking...