Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

any reviews of residenza san pantaleo in rome?

Jan 31st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

hi everyone,

im thinking of staying at the Residenza San Pantaleo in Rome.

am i making a good or ok choice? please let me know, the website is:

http://www.residenzasanpantaleo.com/

the price is right, and the location seems to be right???

thanks
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:18 PM

There are reviews on TripAdvisor and SlowTrav and this site.
Feb 1st, 2006, 03:14 AM

Hi Lahi

We stayed at Residenza San Pantaleo in 2003 and again in 2005. The location is perfect and we loved the feel of staying in such a place. There are only 5 rooms on the 4th floor. As well as the key to your room, you also get a key to the front door of the B&B and a key to the massive front door of the building - you can almost imagine you are living just around the corner from Piazza Navona. It is basic, but comfortable.

In 2003, the guy at reception was quite a quirky, madcap kind of guy. In the middle of a heatwave there was a problem with the airconditioning unit, which just happened to be positioned on our balcony - so there were a few animated discussions between Florian and the airconditioning mechanic in the hallway outside our room and frantic knocking on our door to access the balcony. But that was OK - that is what would happen if you lived in Italy and had a problem with your air-conditioning - just a little bit of realism!!!!!

Last year, there were different people in reception, and it seemed to be a little run down. However, the last night of our stay in Rome we stayed at Hotel Marcus (near the Spanish Steps) as San Pantaleo was booked out - San Pantaleo would win hands down - much better location and atmosphere.
Feb 1st, 2006, 04:24 AM

I have stayed here three times and recommend it to others looking for something in a great location at a good price.It's simple but clean and just steps from Piazza Navona.
Feb 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM

We stayed there 3 years ago. Great location for the price. The tricky part is that some rooms are huge, some are tiny. Florian (the guy who runs the place) is not exactly Mr. personality.
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

thank you very much everyone!! i love this forum. i think ive decided on staying there this march.