Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

any reviews: La Maison du Village in St Remy

Mar 30th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

My husband and I are planning our trip to Paris & Provence the June and I would love to hear some reviews on La Maison du Village in St Remy. Even if you haven't stayed there, but know the location or have read/heard about it, I'd love the feedback.

the website is www.lamaisonduvillage.com
we would be staying in the 'beige' room. Thanks in advance!

jen
Mar 30th, 2007, 05:22 AM

Jen, I save all the B&bs featured in my French magazines. I have an 8 page spread on La Maison. We didn't stay there because a little too pricey for us but it looks lovely. They have in the house, a boutique that sells Diptyque products and linens. The gravelstone terrace has tables by a fountain,bordered in greenery. Plums and purples seem the popular colors in one room, another, tangerine. I see lots of cut flowers everywhere. The bathtubs have the hand held showers.
I hope this helps.
Mar 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the information - it all helps! if you are familiar with st remy, is it in a good location? anyone else have any feedback?

thanks again!
Mar 30th, 2007, 11:41 AM

Jen, it's right in town. It says they are down the road from where we've stayed at the L'Hotel LÁtelier des Images and that you can use the pool there. They also use my fragrance line in the bathrooms, Coté Bastide.
Mar 31st, 2007, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

thanks for another response - and it is nice to see another review on the website you linked. we think it would be nice to stay right in town for one of our stops and this looks like it might be a good choice for us. thanks again!
Mar 31st, 2007, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

cigalechanta - i just went to your product website - cote bastide - what a gorgeous site - i can't wait to browse your boutique in lourmarin!
on another note, i'm not sure if it is ok to ask, but did i read somewhere that you have a rental house? if so, can you tell me where it is and other pertinent information. thanks.
Mar 31st, 2007, 06:15 AM

Not I !!!! But I wish I did. We stay at B&Bs usually and Special places on special occasions.