Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Any Paris Hotel Deals in March (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/any-paris-hotel-deals-in-march-482945/)

glsebs Oct 28th, 2004 03:33 AM

Any Paris Hotel Deals in March

I thought that there would be some lower hotel rates in March, before the high season begins in April, but the rates seem very high to me compared to previous years. We are looking for a 4 star hotel. Any deals out there??

elaine Oct 28th, 2004 06:48 AM

hi this is a duplicate posting, I've responded to your other one with the same header

glsebs Oct 28th, 2004 08:02 AM

Elaine,
This is strange...I cannot find my original post...that is why I posted again.
Can you cut and paste and e mail me at [email protected]
Thanks

glsebs Oct 28th, 2004 08:08 AM

OK.
I feel stupid, but I found my post under general Europe...I thought I had placed it on the France Board.
Some hotels I found with pretty good rates for this time period are:
Montalembert
Vernet
Paris Plaza Vendome
Lavoisier
Any opinions?
Thanks

MFNYC Oct 28th, 2004 08:26 AM

to see all your posts, just click on your screen name.

Underhill Oct 28th, 2004 08:49 AM

There is no France board, just one for all of Europe.

chuckinsey Oct 28th, 2004 08:53 AM

Hotel De L'Esperance on Rue Pascal is totally awesome...2 star prices with 3 star facility. close to metro and the oldest street market in paris

Guenmai Oct 28th, 2004 11:58 AM

Hotel prices are, in my opinion, high in Paris. I've been vacationing there almost annually since the mid-1970s and when 1990 hit, the prices seemed to have gone through the roof since many hotels, in the 6th where I stay, were bought out and renovated and the old charm and decent prices were lost. Good luck. Happy Travels!

Patty Oct 28th, 2004 12:33 PM

What do you consider a good price for a 4 star hotel?

glsebs Oct 28th, 2004 01:41 PM

I was referring to a price less than what you would have to pay in "high season"...some sort of promotion for "winter months"

socialworker Oct 28th, 2004 01:50 PM

I also replied on your other post. When you first start on this board, it can be confusing b/c you think there are different boards for different countries. It is *all* Europe, no matter which country you are asking about. Those divisions of countries are for sorting , not post

socialworker Oct 28th, 2004 01:52 PM

Sorry, my finger slipped and it posted before I was done. Suffice to say all queries about European countries go on one board which is "Europe"--no matter which country you think you are posting on. The same thing happened to me when I first started...

Christina Oct 28th, 2004 07:55 PM

I don't think March is a particularly low-occupancy period in Paris hotels nor really considered winter. Rates are most consistently lower in summer, really, that is low season, not the winter--mid-July through August are lower rates in many Paris hotels. I haven't ever seen lower rates in many hotels in March, but don't keep real close track of that and haven't looked at four star hotels a lot.

March in particular I think it might be spotty to only look for discounts, instead of just a hotel you like that is well-priced. I don't think the very popular hotels you named would have discounts in March. I have seen some 2-3* hotels with discounts in the first week of March, but not past that, and usually any winter discounts end in February. I think the Lavoisier does have some discounts in January and February.

BTilke Oct 29th, 2004 02:07 AM

You may find some good deals on the higher end Accor properties (Sofitels) but you can't book with them (online that is) earlier than 3 months in advance...so it's too soon to see what kinds of deals they will have. However, we have found some excellent rates with them online for stays in February and March...for example, 175 euros per night at the 4 star Sofitel Le Parc on Ave. Raymond Poincare, off the Place Victor Hugo, in the 16th. It's our favorite hotel in Paris and we stay there several times a year.