Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any opinion on flying Air Canada to Europe?

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 08:20 PM
Paul J

We're tentatively planning a trip from the US to Europe and return in October. Air Canada has a really low rate. Has anyone used them recently? Any thoughts either good or bad. Thanks....Paul J

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 01:55 AM
Laura

Hi Paul,

I fly from Zurich to Toronto via Air Canada regularly and have never had any problems - always on time, fairly good service, decent food.

Have a nice trip!

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 06:13 AM
jen

I always fly Air Canada due to Aeroplan and recently flew with them on the first leg of my trip to Greece. Never a problem, decent food and friendly personnel.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 03:21 PM
Mike

Paul, I also frequently use Air Canada, and have had no problems. In fact, having heard about some problems some colleagues in the US have had with United, it may be a little better than average.

Regards,

Mike

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 05:57 PM
Deb

Paul,

My father worked for AC for over 30 years; therefore, you may consider my input somewhat biased. However, because I flew so often and flew many many times on other carriers as well, I think I can give a pretty balanced opinion. AC is definitely on par with carriers such as American and Delta. In fact, AC's transatlantic service is very good (in fact I am going via Toronto to Europe in about 6 weeks). Lest you think I am totally biased, my top two favorite airlines are Air New Zealand and Singapore.