Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Any interest in a London GTG? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/any-interest-in-a-london-gtg-770805/)

Therese Mar 4th, 2009 07:11 AM

Any interest in a London GTG?

I'll be in London for a week this spring, arriving April 4, departing April 12. If you're interested in participating in a GTG I'd be happy to take care of the planning. Please post here, and also email me at: [email protected]

Therese

Therese Mar 4th, 2009 09:13 AM

So as to keep this thread towards the top of the heap today I'll post some possible options.

The most obvious is dinner or lunch out somewhere. Lunch can be a more reasonable option cost-wise for a nice meal, particularly as lots of nicer restaurants offer set lunches.

jamikins Mar 4th, 2009 09:15 AM

Bikerscott and I would like to meet up...lunch on a weekend or anything after 6pm works for us!

Therese Mar 4th, 2009 09:36 AM

Excellent. Three so far (I'm traveling with two teenaged children and am unlikely to bring them to the gtg unless it turns out to be something altogether more interesting than grown-ups chatting over a meal), and a preference for evenings or weekend lunch.

Some other ideas apart from just a meal might be some sort of evening out. A comedy show? A pub crawl with LondonWalks? All suggestions (and participants) welcome.

PatrickLondon Mar 4th, 2009 09:39 AM

I'd be interested - email sent.

Therese Mar 4th, 2009 09:48 AM

Thanks, Patrick. Head count up to four, and we're now definitely looking at a time that will accomodate the gainfully employed locals.

jamikins, do send me an email so that we can handle details off-line as necessary.

Therese Mar 4th, 2009 10:41 AM

Patrick's pointed out, off line, that Friday of the week in question is a public holiday (Good Friday), so lunch that day might be an option.

scotlib Mar 4th, 2009 02:06 PM

ttt

I cannot make this GTG, but bringing it back to the top for more to see.

Cholmondley_Warner Mar 5th, 2009 01:24 AM

Well I'm already there....

You have email.

Therese Mar 5th, 2009 06:25 AM

Five of us now, and more welcome.

And in the interest of brightening the work day I'll make some more suggestions. We could, for instance, all get tattoos (Fodor's-themed, of course).

Therese Mar 5th, 2009 07:40 AM

Some more off-line precision of dates, with the second weekend already booked for some in the party. So the date's likely to be somewhere between Saturday, April 4 (my arrival day, but I routinely go out that first evening, so not limited for me) and Thursday, April 9.

If you're in town and would like to put some faces to names please feel free to join us. I don't bite, and the tattoo scenario is unlikely.

TaniaP Mar 5th, 2009 05:13 PM

Sounds fun - I might be able to make it, depending on the day. I have emailed you...

Therese Mar 6th, 2009 05:39 AM

Thanks, Tania. I'll contact you via email.

And if there are others out there who might be interesting don't be shy. Six so far, and the more (well, up to a point) the merrier.

Therese Apr 1st, 2009 06:53 AM

For anybody out there who might be in the neighborhood and want to join us, we've settled on Sunday evening, April 5, starting at a pub (meeting at 7:00) and then dinner afterwards.

If you're interested drop me a line at [email protected] and I can provide the particulars.

jamikins Apr 2nd, 2009 05:13 AM

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

jamikins Apr 5th, 2009 12:47 AM

Where did we decide to meet up?

Denise Apr 5th, 2009 01:03 AM

I'm in London today, leaving tomorrow where's the GTG?