Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any information on hotel Mere Poulard near Mt St.-Michel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 02:35 PM
Scott

My wife and three children and I are planning to stay three nights and need something strictly nonsmoking.

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 02:41 PM
Randall Smith

Scott, <BR> <BR>Should be a great place right on the Ile. Mme Poulard is the place to get the world famous omlette, you probably already kmew this. It should be nice to be on the mount after all the day tourists leave. <BR> <BR>I would call, write, or fax ahead concerning the non-smoking question, however it is hard to avoid smoke or smoking in France. <BR> <BR>Bon Voyage, <BR> <BR>rjsmith

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 05:47 AM
Ellen

I've heard very good things about this place but a few comments too like "over priced". I've not stayed there. Here is their web site however: <BR>http://www.mere-poulard.fr/ <BR> <BR>Ellen

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 06:23 AM
Patrick

We enjoyed our lunch at Poulard, yes it was expensive, but quite nice. The rooms above looked like it would be noisy and overrun by the restaurant crowd. We stayed two nights at Auberge Saint Pierre. They have a main inn just up about a block from Poulard, but several other buildings of "annexes" scattered over the mount. That term "annex" always scares me, but ours was a delightful well decorated place with high timbered ceilings, very modern and well equipped bath, and shuttered windows that looked out over the town below and the bay. It was a wonderful place to stay and less expensive than Mere Poulard. By the way, they offered to bring our luggage up from the car parked at the big lot, but told us it was perfectly safe and guarded there, so we just took a few things up to our room and left the rest of the luggage locked in the trunk. Their fax number is 011-33-2-33485982, they may also now have a website, you might try a search.

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 09:11 AM
lola

I had an omelette there many years ago, and it was packed then. Can only imagine how noisy it might be into the wee hours in the summer. I would try something else, as the smoke from downstairs would probably waft up a bit.

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 11:29 AM
Diane

I would recommend staying on the Ile, but for probably only one night. There is not a lot to do other than explore the island, which for a day, is great. I can't comment on the hotel, although we did stay on the Island and it was wonderful at night (busy during the day).