Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > ???Any information about Hotel Continental, in Venice, Italy

???Any information about Hotel Continental, in Venice, Italy

Aug 19th, 2003, 08:08 AM
ed
Original Poster

???Any information about Hotel Continental, in Venice, Italy

We are going to be in the Hotel Continental,- assigned by our tour company -Where is it?? What does anyone think about the amenities ?

Thank you
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:42 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Venice in June and we stayed at the Hotel Continental for 150 € pr night. We had two big windows facing Canal Grande and that was nice of course

Well, I have posted a review of the hotel on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. On the page you will also find a trip report and pictures from our stay there Get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:53 PM

We stayed there on our 1996 visit to Venice. The hotel and staff were fine. It's in the western part of the old city near the train station. On the Grand Canal--we had a corner room with one window looking across the canal and the other looking up the canal. So it's not central in terms of Piazza San Marco, but Venice isn't all that big anyway, so not a huge consideration. It is on the main tourist drag that leads to P. San Marco, so try to avoid the stores and restaurants along this route (mainly those on Lista di Spanga and Strada Nova). Just walk a few blocks away from this route (sometimes called Daytrippers' Alley) and you'll find better and less expensive stores and restaurants. Explore a bit.
Aug 26th, 2003, 12:55 PM
ed
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you

Search this Thread