Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any info re: Le Loiret, a hotel near the Louvre

Old Jan 30th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Mike

My wife, my niece and I will be visiting Paris in May. My niece is a recent art history grad and our main intent is to vist the Louvre. (I personally plan to hang out and people watch but don't tell my wife and niece). I have found a relatively inexpensive hotel on the internet name Le Loiret which is nearby. Any experiences out there?

Old Jan 31st, 2000, 04:06 AM
elaine

I don't know that hotel but if you don't
get much response here try the following websites--their hotel sections often have comments from past guests. Good luck.
I don't know what your budget is but I can personally recommend two moderate hotels near the Louvre, both on rue St. Roch in the 1st. One is the Louvre Montana, now part of the Comfort Inn chain, but still Parisian. The other is across the street, the St Romain. Both have outstanding locations.
good luck

www.paris.org
www.hotelboulevard.com

Old Jan 31st, 2000, 05:24 AM
s.fowler

Also try this site: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/

Old Jan 31st, 2000, 06:21 AM
BB

Mike, don't know anything about Le Loriet but we stayed at Hotel du Champagne in October and it is about 3-4 blocks from the Louvre - same side of the river. We loved the location. You can see pics on the internet - I believe it was around 800FF for a double. Let me know if you want any additional info on this one.

Old Jan 31st, 2000, 07:01 AM
Erin

Mike,
I can vouch for the Louvre St Romain hotel that Elaine mentioned. It's a nice little 2 star hotel with a very nice staff. The rooms are nice, small but with large bathrooms and cable TV. You can walk to The Louvre (about 2 blocks) and The Tulieries (sp?) is about half a block. Plenty of shops and cafes to people watch (although most of the people are tourist). There are 2 metro stations nearby, one a few blocks away by Hotel du Louvre and one on Rivoli. Good Luck!