Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

ANY INFO on Praiano near Amalfi/Positano?

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Kate Winger

Looking for a nice hotel in between Amalfi and Positano.. your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kate Winger

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:15 PM
steve

Praiano is a delightful little place right between Amalfi and Positano. We stayed at the Onda Verda and enjoyed it very much. URL:
http://www.ondaverde.it/hotelim.htm

For lots of links and general info (including restaurants) about the area, check out my web site:
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5733

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:21 PM
kam

A bit grander with beautiful views of the coast and water is the Tritone.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:36 PM
sue

Try this web site. www.praiano.it Click onto the english version and you will find a lot of info and hotels. I understand it is wonderful.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 09:20 PM
az

Go to initaly.com, select accomodations, campania region, and grand hotel tritone for a great color pic of the hotel's spectacular setting.

Old May 1st, 2001, 05:31 AM
dale

i second the recommendation of onda verde. spent a week there last year. water views, good food, not expensive. buon viaggio.

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:09 PM
Lucie

Definitely the Onda Verde! I would go back there anytime! Check out their website, they have a webcam

Old May 13th, 2001, 01:54 PM
KAW

Glad to hear so many positive recommendations for Onda Verde! We are staying there during part of our honeymoon in early October. The website is very helpful and it looks like a great place. Good luck!

Old May 13th, 2001, 01:56 PM
KAW

In my previous post, I forgot to ask if anyone had any restaurant recommendations for the area. Thanks!

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:17 AM
nace

KAW,
Hands down no contest. We stayed at the Hotel Belverdere in April. On the cliff over the ocean, fantastic views, great food and a wonderful staff.