Reload this Page >

Any info on Mykonos?

Search

Any info on Mykonos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Bill

Any info on Mykonos?

We are three late 20's males going to Mykonos for five nights, then Athens. We are wondering about food, nightlife, currency, sites, etc on Mykonos. We have read the nightlife is good, but wondered what everyone thought. If you have been there or have any advice please place a post or email me! Thank you very much and happy traveling.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Alexia

Bill,<BR>The nightlife is fabulous. You can find great clubs and bars in Mykonos town and you will find any type of fun.<BR>You don't say if you're straight or gay but it doesn't really matter.<BR>I've been to Mykonos 12 times and love the cosmopolitan atmosphere. It's a great people watching atmosphere. <BR>Please post specific questions so I can reply.<BR>Go to SuperParadise Beach!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Bill

Thanks Alexia! We are gay...we would like to know how much money to take. Is the nightlife expensive? How about food? Are people there gay friendly? We will be staying at the San Marcos hotel, if you have any info on that it would be great. Is five days too long to be there. We are really going for relaxation and fun!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Alexia

Dear Bill,<BR>Oh honey, you will fit right in and be so comfortable in Mykonos. Anything goes and there is a big gay population that vacations there.<BR>I can say that Mykonos is one of the most expensive Greek islands and price truly depends on what season you go. If you are going in August, be prepared for elevated prices. There are so many different price ranges for restaurants and you can find 5 star places or little souvlaki tavernas. <BR>Drinks are approximately $7.00 or more at clubs and cover charges usually apply to most of the high-end places (especially for men). <BR>The San Marcos sounds familiar. Do you know if it's in Mykonos town or elsewhere? I love staying in or near town because there's so much to do and it's easy getting home in the wee hours. <BR>Getting to beaches is easy either by bus, boat, moped or taxi (depending on where you're going). You will love Paradise Beach and SuperParadise Beach. Take the bus to Plati Yiallos Beach and from there you will catch the small motor boats to either beach. These beaches have a fun scene and DJ music playing and typically around 3:00 PM, everyone is dancing on the rocks and beach.<BR>Tons of outdoor restaurants- just look at the menus posted for prices and enjoy. El Greco, Sesame Kitchen and Edem are 3 of my favorites. <BR>O.K. You must go to the gay district and hit Pierro's. You can ask anyone and they will direct you. It's on Odos (which means street)Mantoyianni. It is the scene beautiful gay men and you will see quite a few beautiful tranvestites. I am a straight female and I met quite a few gay people there who are now life long friends. It's a riot and you can hang outside Pierro's all night and not get bored. <BR>From there, your new pals will tell you their favorite hangouts.<BR>Five days is not too long there. I could spend 2 weeks on Mykonos alone and I'm in my early 30's. It all depends on what you like. I like it because of the beaches, scene, food and great clubs and restaurants. <BR>Please let me know what month you're going because it depends a lot on that. Have a great time and let me know if you have any more questions.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Bill

GIRL! After your last post I can't wait to go. Please email me at my hotmail account with more info if you don't mind, or another post will do as well. We will be going in late August early July. Thank you so much for the info. Do you want to meet us there? You sound like a lot of fun!!!!<BR>Bill

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Bill

Sorry, we will be there in late August early September. We fly into Athens, then I think ferry to Mykonos. Have you ever done the ferry ride? Thanks again! Bill

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Alexia

I am so jealous!! I went last year and typically go every other year. I'm Greek American and have many relatives there (unfortunately none on the islands) so I try to get there often.<BR>You sound like you're a lot of fun and it's tempting to say f**k everything and just go to Greece and see my friends and relatives. <BR>I will e-mail you soon but right now I've got a horrible cold and need to pass out and just dream about Mykonos. You lucky dog. <BR>August is the busiest month to go but it's great fun. Where the heck is your hotel located?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:58 AM
e

yes the beaches are great and hopping nightlife... but if you actually care about Greek history (not many people on Mykonos seem to)... you HAVE to take a little boat trip to the uninhabited island of DELOS... it's only like 4 or 5 hours of your time including the boat ride over and back. Any hotel should be able to sign you up. It's truly an amazing historical site.