Reload this Page >

Any Inexpensive Hotels in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Michele

Have any ideas on hotels for around or under $145/night in and around Paris?

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Lori

Check the Best Western International website. There are many BW's in Paris, they are individually owned hotels, mostly about 25-40 rooms. They are in good locations and vary in price range. <BR>These are not like BW's in the US, they use the BW affilation for reservations, etc. I've used them several times and they were good.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Heather

Hi, Michele! <BR> <BR>I liked the Hotel Caron de Beauamarchais when we stayed there last May. Great location and right around $100 for a double. <BR> <BR>Also, the March 2001 National Geographic Traveler magazine includes an article titled "22 Great Paris Hotels for $100 or less". If you can't find the magazine, feel free to email me and I'll send you a color copy (that goes for anyone else who is interested in the article).

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Lesli

Michele - There are plenty of them, and this is a *very* common topic on this board; do a search for "paris hotel" and see how many threads come up!! (Many of them will list on-line hotel directories, which you should browse.) <BR> <BR>Suggest you start by looking at the hotels recommended here on Fodor's, Formmer's and Timeout on-line, as well as any guidebooks you may have. Try to narrow down your choices to a couple of arrondissements. If you still have questions, you'll get the best responses to a posting with a fairly specific heading. Be aware that most of the popular small hotels book up well in advance, so you'll need to have alternate choices in mind.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Terry

You might want to check out www.ricksteves.com grafiti wall for comments and suggestions from others who have stayed at the less expensive european hotels. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Jeanne de Arc in the Marais are on the web sites recommendation and loved it. It was less then $100/night en suite, but no ammenities.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 04:05 PM
JayL

We have French friends in Paris who found my wife and I accomodations using a French guide book called "Guide Routard" which is the French budget travellers bible. One hotel was in the left bank section off Place St. Michel, two blocks from Notre Dame for $60 with private bath and breakfast. However, no English was spoken here, so a bit of French may help. I think the name was the Hotel St. Michel. The even better bargain was in Montparnesse, $45 per night with bath and a little balcony to boot overlooking a pedestrtian street with restaurands and little shops. Again, no English spoken, but a cute place and a great deal. Unfortunately the name escapes me, but the point is that great bargains can be had in Paris, particularly if you do as the French do. By the way, our friends have finally finished expanding and renovating their apartment, so our accomodations promise to be even more reasonable on our next visit!

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 04:26 PM
andrew

Jay: <BR> <BR>If you should remember the name of that cheap hotel near Montmartre please post it. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Andrew

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:05 PM
sandy

Hotel de L'Arcade <BR> <BR>http://www.hotel-arcade.com/ <BR> <BR>Great location. Nice people. <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Rich

We enjoyed the Hôtel de Fleurie in the 6th. Good rooms, excellent staff and great location just off St Germain <BR> <BR>Their website: <BR>www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr <BR> <BR>Rich <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Gus

I booked a room for 4 this summer at Hotel De Turenne. It is around $110 per night. a 2 star hotel. Pictures available online.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Denise

Heather - I would appreciate if you would email me the list of hotels from National Geographic Traveler Mag "22 Hotels under $100.00 <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Randy

Michele: Here is a web site where there is a lot to pick from. http://www.parishotels.com/index.en.html <BR>I have stayed at the Hôtel Résidence Monge and paid 450F for a single. Room was clean and location was great, 2 metro stops near by. About 1/2 mile south of Notre Dame. Here is another web site: http://www.webscapades.com/france/paris/paris.htm And another: http://www.hotelboulevard.com/fr/par...ANG/index.html You should be able to find something for you from these sites.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 08:25 PM
xxx

Denise: <BR> <BR>Search "geographic traveler" to find the thread "National Geographic Traveler Recommendations" (topped). <BR>