Reload this Page >

Any hotel recommendation in Rome???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Amy Suh

My grandad, brother, and I will be going to Rome in 2+ weeks and I was trying to find a place to stay. I am looking for someplace nice but reasonable. I am not looking for a hostel as I am looking for someplace with some ambviance and a little more quiet than a hostel. Does anyone have any recommendations??? I am looking to book a hotel pretty soon. I would love to know if anyone has any responses!! Thanks! <BR> <BR>I need some place that is safe and in a good part of town too!

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Ishoo

There are literally hundreds of hotels in Rome. If you haven't booked a room by now GOOD LUCK. I would bet that almost all of the god ones are booked pretty solid for the summer. Remember this is a Jubilee year. WE were in Rome during March and it was not very "crowded" but I would be concerned about he summer time. Hope you find a good hotel and have a great time.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 12:56 PM
Roger & Amy

Dear Amy, <BR> <BR> My Amy and I spent part of our honeymoon in Rome. If the Hotel Gregorio is the only hotel left, my suggestion is to forget Rome. The hotel had ears and eyes, if you know what I mean. Good luck finding a room. This is just a warning for those staying there. <BR> <BR>Roger

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 02:31 PM
sally

We stayed at the Brittania near the train station; my travel agent mom likes the Quirinale (sp?) Fodor's says that the Margutta and Alemandi are excellent for the money--see the list on the Website; also see Fodor's Budget guide for ideas. Have fun!!

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 07:28 PM
Catherine

Hi Amy, <BR>I can't tell you where to stay but I can tell you where not to. Do not stay at the Hotel Gambrinus. I would look for a place in the Rick Steve's 2000 Italy book. Good Luck.

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 04:00 AM
joshua

hotel pincio near the spanish steps is great for you. it's centerally located, it's not expensive, the rooms are preety big and the atmosphere is very friendly. you can ask for quiet rooms as well. it's not very famous so there is a chance to find a vacancy. <BR>i don't remember the phone number, but you could find it in www.venere.it <BR>don't order through the net - use the phone. have fun!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 09:07 PM
Margo

ARENULA: Via Santa Maria Calderari 47. Tel: 06-6879454. Fax: 06-6896188. (50 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 125,000-185,000L (64-95E) single; 155,000-235,000L (79-121E) double. Call for triple rates. Buffet breakfast (7-10am) is included in the rates & cannot be deducted but can be served in the room (6,500L extra pp). Visa, MC. English spoken, direct-dial phone, satellite TV w/English channel, charming beautiful 19th-century hotel w/simply furnished large airy soft-pink pretty rms., nice flrs., rooms on the 4th fl. are larger, double-paned windows, white marble & wrought iron oval staircase, make sure the bathroom is enclosed and not stationed in the rm. w/no privacy, hair driers, central heating, air-conditioned (20,000L per day), bar, noisy location, no elevator, 5 flrs. (You’d better be in shape if you want to stay at this hotel.) Owned by Pino Patta & managed by Paolo Chiodi. Bus: #64. Stop: Largo Torre Argentina. Start walking west, in the same direction that the bus is going, along Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, turn left onto Via Torre Argentina, which becomes Via Arenula when you walk straight through Largo Arenula & Piazza Cairoli, turn left onto Via Santa Maria Calderari. <BR>

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 03:32 AM
nancy

To the top for alice