Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any great European shops that have websites for on-line shopping?

Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:42 AM
shopper

I'm not a quilter, but the Provence fabric thread got me curious, with the mention of a Paris fabric shop that has on-line shopping. I'm sure there are many European shops of a large variety that sell household products, art, and the like on-line. (I'm not talking about American sites that sell imported European goods...I'm interested in dealing directly with the European shops.) Can anyone recommend any favorites?

Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:03 AM
John G

Try Passamaneria Valmar--www.valmar-florence.com. This is a great shop in Firenze that sells tassles, throw pillows, picture frames, crests, tablecloths, etc.. Members of the Bourbon/Habsburg family whom I have had business dealings with shop here.

Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:27 AM
s.fowler

This isn't a European site, but here's asite for some Provençal stuff: http://www.belleprovence.com/cgi-bin/bp/

Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
whatagoodidea

crafts? clothes? lavender soap? housewares? topping for shopper

Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:28 PM
statia

I remember seeing a site once that was called All Things French. Don't have the URL anymore, but you could do a search for it.

Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:31 PM
Cindy

I know this a Europe forum, but this thread has made me think of all the time I have spent trying to find an online shop for Ardmore Studios ceramics from KwaZulu Natal in South Africa. Maybe someone here has heard of one? Perhaps a gift shop that has imported some of their pieces? I've tried all the search engines and Africa forums I can think of. Perhaps returning to Africa to buy more is the only answer!

Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Nancy

Oh, John G., thank you for that web site, this is my favorite store! I hyperventilate whenever I go there. The backroom with the fabrics makes me dizzy with glee.

Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:59 PM
CJ

I regularly purchase clothing for myself and for my daughter from 2 European websites/stores. One is Cyrillus.com, a French company that has adorable clothes -- especially for kids -- at very reasonable prices. The other site is British: rachelriley.com. Rachel Riley is a former British model who is now a fairly new clothing designer living in France. (Her store and website is operated out of London.) The clothes are expensive, but I think they are nice for special occasions. You can also order paper catalogues from both sites to get a better idea of what you are purchasing.

Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:26 PM
Sue

Try www.frenchcountry.com
and www.the-french-touch.com

I know you specifically requested European shops, but the French Country Living shop in Great Falls, VA, where they have beautiful imported merchandise, is a great place to visit; they have a catalogue, also.