COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any good places to go for near Pforzheim???

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 03:26 PM
monik

hey,
can anybody suggest which places i should visit near Pforzheim? I'll be staying there for about 2 months (accomodation provided by the company). i also have friends who will be staying in Freiburg, Regensburg and Zurich. So, should I stay near pforzheim or should i go to any of the other places i mentioned above. Advice needed.
Monik

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 03:17 AM
harzer

I would advise you to develop a strong interest in hiking, because just south of Pforzheim is one of Germany's premium hiking areas. Grab youself a hiking map for the north Schwarzwald when you arrive and you'll never have to wonder how to fill in your weekends.

Alternatively there are many wonderful towns and villages within 50km of Pforzheim: Tubingen, Calw, Baden-Baden, Wildbad, Herrenberg, Horb etc and the riers and forests in between. Pforzheim is on the Enz which is a tributary of the Neckar. Follow the Neckar river north to Heidelberg by car. You would need two full days for this, if you are to explore the many charming towns on the way, and Heidelberg itself.

Freiburg and the southern part of the Black Forest are equally inviting. Regensburg is quite a distance away, though, maybe 200 miles, but well worth a visit, too.

Have a great time.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:57 AM
gar

adrees with above. Just forgotten the two biggest city in the region: Stuttgart and Karlsruhe which are both real nice and theres a lot of things to do (museums, clubs, concerts...) And also the nicest little village in south Germany is just a few minutes away: Lienzingen.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 03:31 PM
monik

thanx guys..
i think that information will be very useful for me...
monik