Reload this Page >

Any good experiences with Alitalia to Sicily from Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 03:28 PM
AliceB

Flying Alitalia in November to Sicily - I have read so many negative reports on this site with regard to Alitalia - does anyone have something positive to say re Alitalia - spending 16 days in Sicily -<BR>Going on a tour do not have choice of airlines. <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:49 PM
AnnaLisa

If you had a choice I would suggest another airline - since you do not - make the best of it - I flew Alitalia a couple of years ago - they were not that bad - never know when they will pull a strike - double check and make sure you have the seats you were assigned

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Dante

Just as long as you remember to check, recheck, and check your flights often. They do not honor seat assignments, nor do they contact you if flights have time changes or even city changes.<BR><BR>Flyer Beware!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Michelle

My children and I flew Alitalia from Catania to JFK and back in May and had no problems. They did honor our seat assignments. Stikes are acommon problem and they usally announce them in advance.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Jim Tardio

Flew Alitalia several times without a problem. Their food is just as bad as everyone elses in coach class. Service is OK.<BR><BR>Cancelled flights, lost luggage, etc...are things that plague all airlines. Alitalia is no worse or better in this regard.<BR><BR>I assume you're flying coach, and I've had the same experience with all airlines...it's cramped, the food stinks, and the service is indifferent.<BR><BR>Bring your own food and try to sleep.<BR><BR>http://www.jimtardio.com/italy.html <BR><BR>