Reload this Page >

Any feedback on Hotel Casci in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 04:51 AM
J. J. Rodriguez

Hello folks! <BR> <BR>Wondering if any of you are familiar or have actually stayed at Hotel Casci in Florence. I plan to do so in March and was wondering if anyone had any comments. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>J. J.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 05:38 AM
Gina

Hi J.J. <BR>My husband and I will stay at the same hotel in March. There are many comments on this forum regarding Casci so just do your search under Casci. But I would also like to hear from someone who stayed there very recently.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 06:19 AM
sandi

J.J., I'd recommend doing a search on that hotel and you'll find alot of info, here on past posts. I remember seeing it when researching hotels in Florence for our trip. Good Luck.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Bobbi

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Casci last October. We had read several positive things about the hotel on this board and they were right on. The location was perfect! Very central to the main sights. We walked our legs off in Florence and this hotel was perfectly situated to do so. The hotel is family run and they are very friendly and helpful. They gave us bottled orange juice and a snack to take with us because we had to head out before the breakfast was seved one morning. The rooms are definitely not extravagant but were clean and "homey". We really enjoyed picking up prepared food and wine from shops in the area and having fantastic room picnics! I'd definitely stay there again.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Thyra

J.J, I love to recommend this hotel. We stayed there in 1999, large rooms, we were in the front, but I have heard that the front rooms are considered noisy, many suggest you request a back room, noise didn't bother me, but then I sleep with earplugs and the window was double glassed. <BR>Wonderful staff, breakfast served in room with 16th century frescos on the ceiling and the location/price can't be beat. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Bon Voyage! PS we were also there in March, bring an unbrella and water proof shoes!

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Sandy

Hello JJ. <BR> I have stayed at the Hotel Casci on three different occassions, and wouldn't think of staying any place else. The Lombardi's are wonderful, and really go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hotel is spotless and charming, with a great location. It is also a wonderful value. Having stayed in a number of places, this is one of my favorites for hospitality, charm, and cleanliness. Sandy

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:34 AM
J. J. Rodriguez

Thanks to all! For your valuable feedback. This confirms what I had heard about the hotel.<BR><BR>Thyra, thanks for the advise about the shoes and umbrella. Anything else you can share with me - sights, shopping, etc.

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Thyra

J.J., ok, let's see. Be sure you find out exactly what times you can see Michael Angelo's David. The famous statue is at an art school and in March it's only open on certain days of the week. Then MAKE SURE and get reservations, as I have heard you can do, sorry I don't have specific information on how to get reservations because we did not get them and ended up waiting in a line that stretched... no exaggeration around 10 blocks! Maybe the folks at the Casci can give you more info, or do a search on this forum since that's where I read about it. Oh DO be sure and go up to the top of the Duomo it's spectacular even for me with my morbid fear of heights, but going to the top is not for the faint of heart. In terms of dining, I must say that we never had a bad meal in Florence. But we are not gourmet's we pretty much eat on the run in between sights. Also the Casci will do your laundry for a small fee. Have a great trip.

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Phyllis Parkhurst

Yes, I stayed there last year on a friends recommendation. Very basic hotel. Breakfast. Good location near the Cathedral/Baptistry. Not glamerous by a long shot, and they give you a coke cup for a glass to use in your room. Clean beds and bathrooms. Extremely helpful for museum reservations and concert tickets.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 11:58 AM
B.

The Hotel Casci sounds great. Does anyone have a website or email address for it? Is is listed in any guide books? I'll be in Florence in May and haven't decided on a hotel yet.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 10:17 PM
Phyllis Parkhurst

I'll look up the website for you and send it on. I mostly sent faxes..the # is 044/2396461. You have to add the international #'s and tack them on in front of these #'s.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 06:14 PM
john

I too can speak well of the Hotel Casci. <BR>I have stayed there two times for several weeks each. Mrs. Lombardi is wonderful--tell her John from Hanover College said Chao! Her son, Paolo, helped me translate a Michelangelo sonnet into English--needless to say they are very accomodating. If you are a single, ask for the room with the little balcony to the right as you go down the hall. The hotel location is very good, but on a busy noisy street so I'd avoid front rooms. Florence seems more noisy than ever, so anticipate that if you are a first time travellor there. But there is literally art on every block which cannot be exhausted even with a three-four week stay. <BR> From the Casci walk up the street to the right to the Pizza San Marco and the wonderful Fra Angelico's, and in that same square catch a city bus and ride up to Fiesole to see the Roman ruins. Dine in a restaurant there on Fiesole's small square that allows you to eat with the city lights below at your feet...that is art, too.