Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any experiences renting from Europe by Car?

Mar 28th, 2001, 05:18 AM
Lori

I have done a search on this forum and found nothing. So far they have given us the best rate and most convenient pick up/drop off sites? Any experience good or bad? Thanks

Mar 28th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Diane

Can't help you there, but I just got a terrific rate on a midsize from AutoEurope in Italy. Actually it was 20% off (their current sale) and when I confirmed they gave me a free upgrade.

Mar 28th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Carol

Lori We have leased cars from them twice. Last fall we picked one up in Bordeaux. The other time was in Amsterdam. Both times everything was very good. Absolutely no problems. We will definitely use them again (and again.)

Mar 29th, 2001, 03:28 AM
Russ

I used them too a couple of years ago with good results. Good car, no service problems or hidden charges, MANY offices to drop off at, zero miscommunications. They also have some kind of $25 hotel voucher plan available to their clients m- ask about it.

Mar 29th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Randall Smith

Hello Lori,

I've leased and/or rented cars from Europe by Car at least 4 or 5 times. Their leases are probably the best deal. You will need to use the car about 17 days or so for it to work. You pick up a brand new car, NO OLD CIGARETTE SMELL, and you also avoid the TVA. Use a gold or Platinum card and you should not have to purchase insurance, but you should check with your credit card company to make sure.

The company I believe has offices in New York and has been in business since arround 1953. You've probably already visited their website.

There are other companies that have new car lease deals, but we have always been satisfied with Europe by Car.

Ciao,

Randall Smith