Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any experience with the Villa Maria in Ravello??

Sep 18th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Carey

We are having our wedding reception at the Villa Marie in Ravello. Has anyone had any experiences with this place? I would love to hear your comments! Thanks!

Sep 18th, 2000, 03:52 PM
lola

Lovely terrace overlooking spectacular view. Romantic rooms, small, perfect for a wedding reception!Congratulations Carey, on both your choice and your wedding.

Sep 19th, 2000, 07:43 AM
JB

Hi Carey,

My husband and I ate lunch at Villa Maria during our stay in Ravello. We were staying at the Villa Cimbrone, and were curious to try a different spot. The view was truly amazing, and it is a beautiful spot for a reception. The waiters were very friendly. The only downside, and I presume it wouldn't be an issue if you are renting the whole space, was that there were a lot of large tour groups (mostly for Wagner concerts, I think), which made it a little noisy. You might just check whether there will be any other large parties there at the hotel at the same time.

You can't go wrong with Ravello, which is now my favorite place in Italy - you and your guests will have a great time! I think I remember that the Villa Maria also has two swimming pools, which is a nice and unusual amenity.

Congratulations!

JB

Sep 20th, 2000, 02:12 PM
Carey

Thanks! I can't wait! We are having a jazz band play during our reception for 23 people. It should be fabulous!

Sep 21st, 2000, 02:39 PM
to