Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Any experience to share about the new Roma Pass (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/any-experience-to-share-about-the-new-roma-pass-613201/)

OctopusPass May 5th, 2006 07:57 AM

Any experience to share about the new Roma Pass

Hi all,

This is quite a newbie, so I am wondering if anyone has tried it out yet. What sort of advantages did it give you? Does it really allow you to pass the line in the museums?

Also, is it a great hassle to get this pass? I am flying into Rome in late night (around 10pm), just wondering if I can still buy it in the airport.

Thanks in advance,
OP

jabez May 5th, 2006 09:31 AM

They just started selling them. Looks like a good deal.Terminal C.International arrivals area is where they sell them at the airport.

daisy58 May 5th, 2006 10:40 AM

what pass is this? Is there a website for info? we leave monday, and gathering info til the very last second!!

Andre May 5th, 2006 10:53 AM

http://www.romapass.it/index_en.html

Hope this helps,
Andre

MaureenB May 5th, 2006 10:53 AM

Thanks for posting this question! I leave tomorrow for Rome, so I'm interested.
I found the information at www.romapass.it/
It's for three consecutive days, with two free entries to museums, then discounts for others. I believe it's 18EUR, and I think 15EUR for youth passes.
However, I couldn't find a list of the museums it covers.
I printed the information and will check into it when I arrive in Rome. It's supposed to be sold at tabacs, hotels, information centers, rail station, etc. It's so new, our hotel may not know about it, though.
Does anyone have a list of the museums included on the pass?
Thanks!

MaureenB May 5th, 2006 10:54 AM

P.S. I forgot to mention it's also a 3-day local transportation pass.

pantelia May 5th, 2006 11:12 AM

I printed out the information sheet a few minutes ago. It looks like you don't get your "complete list of museums/sites of interest that have joined the initiative" until you get the pass. The pass comes with a 'kit' that inclues the list, a map, the transport ticket and news (about events etc).

Daisy and Maureen, I'd be very interested to know if you do decide to use this, and what sites are included.

Thanks!

shirlgirl98 May 5th, 2006 11:16 AM

If you click on Guide on the RomaPass website you have the details of the pass and the museums it covers.

OctopusPass May 5th, 2006 11:24 AM

Nice catch Maureen. I didn't time it, but Fodorites always help each other. :-)I hope this would help you with your trip. My Rome trip will be in July, and I am really interested in hearing reports from people.

The list of museums is in a pdf file (a user guide) linked to at the bottom of the wetsite.

pantelia May 5th, 2006 11:57 AM

I didn't see the link on the bottom...Thanks!

OctopusPass May 5th, 2006 12:01 PM

It is in
http://www.romapass.it/index_en.html

At the bottom there are 3 documents for download. Guide is the one you would click.

OP

daisy58 May 5th, 2006 05:59 PM

I am trying to plan if this pass is a better, lesser, or equal value compared to the archeologia card, transportation notwithstanding. Here is another twist, since we will be in Rome for 6 days, could we purchase two three day passes each, validating the second one on our fourth day, which would be a total of 36 euro p/p..though if we purchase the archeologia card, and pay for the Borghese, it is a total of 33.50 euro p/p (20e + 13.50e) but without transportation. The difference is of course 2.50 euro, so my question is within a 6 day period, what is your experiance in transportation costs?

WillTravel May 5th, 2006 08:51 PM

Daisy, where are you staying in Rome? Do you plan to take taxis at all?

I found that staying in a central location, and ranging far and wide all over Rome, and not taking taxis, I used public transport an average of three times per day. However, I visited St. Peter's four separate times in six days, so that affected my numbers.

olive_oil May 6th, 2006 09:53 AM

I, too, am very interested in how this card works out as I will be in Rome for three days, although not til November.

Also, how can I find out about similar offers, if any, for Venice and Florence?

finally, what is archeolgia card?

Thanks.

OO

daisy58 May 6th, 2006 12:21 PM

Willtravel- we are staying at the Hotel Adriano in Rome, approx 10 minutes walking from the Pantheon,
(a few blocks north) I am considering taking taxis on occasion, especially in the evening, and round trip from the train station. What is your experiance in taxi fares?
Olive Oil-the info on the archeologia card in at www.romatourismo.com

willit May 6th, 2006 12:23 PM

Bookmarking :-) sorry for any trouble

olive_oil May 7th, 2006 07:23 AM

Thank you for the reply, Daisy, but that roma tourismo site did not give me anything--did not look like a real site and got nothing for my search on archeologia. But I am v happy to learn about the Rome Pass and will continue to look for similar offers for Venice and Florence.

oo

opaldog Jan 23rd, 2007 10:27 AM

ttt

Eloise Jan 23rd, 2007 11:02 AM

Try www.romaturismo.com (without the O in turismo), where you will also find this information:

NOTE: the ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA CARD - Euro 20,00 and valid 7 days includes the entrance to all the sites of the Roman National Museum, to the Colosseum, the Palatine, the Baths of Caracalla, the Tomb of Cecilia Metella and the Villa of the Quintili. The card can be purchased from the ticket counters of each site, except for the Tomb of Cecilia Metella and the Villa of the Quintili, and also from the Visitor Center of Rome Tourist Board (APT) in Via Parigi 5

And www.romapass.it.