Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any comments on my hotel/apt choices for Italy/Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning waaay in advance (May 2004) - but since I'm on a budget, decided to just book ahead and save myself any surprises:

Rome: Residenza San Pantaleo, 100e/night for 4 nights, double w/bath.
www.residenzasanpantaleo.com Read good reviews here - good location, etc.

Florence: Residenza Il Carmine, 90e/night for 5 nights, 1bd apartment.
www.residenzailcarmine.com
(Also checked into B&B Peterson - amazingly good bargain, but the apartment looks so cute). A few good reviews on slowtrav.com

Venice: Hotel Minerva e Nettuno, 92e/night for 4 nights, double with bath. Found it on eurocheapo.com - kinda far from the action, but heard mixed reviews on Hotel Bernardi

Paris: Rent Paris.com Apt. #1 on 40 rue Chapon in Marais district. 95e/night for 6 nights.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on any of these choices...Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:02 PM

Looks good! I will be in Italy in May 2004 and I have booked everything too. It's high season and since I'll be there for 3 weeks I wanted to secure the reservations.

Only thing I noticed and you may want to check out this place in Venice - with it being more central. I know the mask room is only 100 euro a night. I have reserved the two other rooms at 130 euro a night. http://www.ca-satriano.com/www/page.html

Here's to a wonderful trip!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 09:33 AM
ira

Hi WW,

Just got back from Florence where we stayed at the B&B Peterson. Unless you are planning on doing your own cooking, I would recommend the B&B.

See my report http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34451044
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 09:55 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I stayed in another Rentparis apartment near yours at 20 rue Chapon. The neighborhood is interesting, changing. There are many Chinese wholesalers of leather goods on the block and on surrounding streets. According to Fabrice at Rentparis, the city is planning to move these businesses to a new wholesale district farther out of town and to encourage more art galleries in the neighborhood. Many of the commercial spaces upstairs are being renovated as apartments, and the place we stayed was one of them.

There are some Chinese takeout places nearby, which cater to the business people in the area. We enjoyed them, especially my daughter who had trouble finding familiar French food, but had no problem picking out things she wanted at the Chinese places.

The Rentparis staff was helpful when we called with questions, and the airport shuttle they recommended was very good.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the neighborhood.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 04:27 PM

WendyWhy: How did you get S. Pantaleo for 100 Euro in May? I just inquired (via their own web site) for early March and was quoted 110 E!