Notices

any advice on protaras,,cyprus

Mar 5th, 2000, 07:12 AM
brian moore

any advice on protaras,,cyprus

I am going to Protaras in August staying at MARLITA BEACH APARTMENTS.I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in Protaras especially at these apartments.Information on local restaurants,things to see & do and also watersports available in the area

Mar 26th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Chris Dennis

brian, i am going to the protaras area the first two weeks in may. i am quite willing to find out about the area and come back to you later. we went last year and were so impressed that we are going back again this year. will be in touch after we get back if you so wish.

May 19th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Roy

HAVE BEEN TO PROTARAS THREE TIMES AND WOULD GO AGAIN, I LOVED IT. ITS NOT A LARGE RESORT LIKE AYIA NAPA WHICH IS A FEW MILES AWAY, BUT THERE IS PLENTY TO DO AND MORE THAN ENOUGH PLACES TO EAT, ALL AT VERY REASONABLE PRICES, THERE ARE BARS,CLUBS AND LOADS OF WATERING HOLES TO SUITE EVERY KIND OF TASTE. MY LAST VISIT WAS IN NOVEMBER (MOST OF THE PLACES WERE CLOSED THEN) BUT THE WEATHER WAS STILL VERY HOT AND SUNNY. WE HIRED A CAR AND WENT ALL OVER THE ISLAND AS FAR AS PAPHOS - WHICH I PERSONALLY DID NOT LIKE ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS THE PROTARAS AND AYIA NAPA AREAS. THERE ARE SOME FINE BEACHES IN THE AREA ALSO. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME.

May 19th, 2002, 02:57 PM
fiona

personally I would not return to Protaras. While I enjoyed my holiday I found Protaras to be lacking at night. There was plenty of karaoke bars and not much else. I always like try local foods but my favourite restaurants there were Italian. It was also unbearably hot ( and I like heat)- even going into the pool felt like going into a bath!!! Saying that, we hired a car and went to the Troudos mountains- absolutely beautiful! We also went into Paphos and would base ourselves there IF we returned. Seeing Famagusta( from a distance) was quite eirey but a must.
I am speaking as someone who likes to experience the real place and I found that Protaras is very much geared to the tourist.
Brian
this is only my personal view and it is a little outdated as we went 3 years ago.

Search this Thread