Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any advice for a college student living in Madrid for a year? Is it easy to travel around to other European cities?

Any advice for a college student living in Madrid for a year? Is it easy to travel around to other European cities?

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Lissette

I'm going to be studying in Madrid during the '01 - '02 academic year, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on living there, traveling around (Spain and the rest of Europe), eating, partying, studying, etc. Is it relatively easy to go to other European cities from Madrid? I spent 6 weeks in Barcelona but only 2 days in Madrid, so I'm somewhat familiar with Spanish life in general but not Madrid in particular.
thanks

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Capo

Lissette, Madrid seems like a city of "buhos de la noche", so I imagine you'll have fun partying.

Madrid certainly isn't the most centrally located of European cities but, other than that, sure, it's *relatively* easy to go to other Europeans cities. After all, you're already in Europe!

Hope you have a great time.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Lissette

Thanks, Capo

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:34 PM
x

Please put this in the Spain section of the Forums.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 06:01 PM
a