Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > any "easy" 4 day hut to hut/village Dolomite treks, 12 year old in tow?
Notices

any "easy" 4 day hut to hut/village Dolomite treks, 12 year old in tow?

Jun 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

any "easy" 4 day hut to hut/village Dolomite treks, 12 year old in tow?

we are taking our 12 year old daughter to the Dolomites this August and want her to love hiking as much as we do. am avidly researching the cicerone guides but am overwhelmed with information and just getting a handle on the geography of the area. We have trekked in the French alps but not in the Dolomites. I am sure my daughter would love going from village to villages or refuge to refuge, but I figure 8 hr hikes with unrelenting switchbacks and lots of scree scrambles amid rocks would make her rebel. am looking for a fairly pastoral exerience of 4 to 5 hour days before stopping (not including lunch!). after 3 to five days of such trekking we would go to a base village and rent a suite or apartment or some place with a pool, rest and clean up for a few days and then do it again in another region. anyone have experience in the Dolomites who can advise me on easyish itineraries? am tempted to take rest days around Alpe de Suisi....
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Spend an hour here-and do not miss the pics---for all you need to know.
http://onelittleworld.com/dolomites_1.html

Search this Thread