Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anuone familiar with the Hotel Lotti in Paris?

Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:58 AM
Laurie

The Hotel Lotti has been suggested as a Paris hotel with a good location but I am not able to find much about it. This will be our first trip to Paris. Anyone have any thoughts/experinces re: this hotel?

Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:34 AM
Christina

I don't know much about it, really, except it's an expensive 4-star hotel in a very rich part of Paris (between the Tuilieries gardens and place Vendome). If you like full-service hotels in expensive parts of cities, it might be good for you. It's certainly convenient to many main tourist interests (Louvre, Notre Dame, etc) and near expensive shops, if you want that. You can see comments and stuff on www.hotelboulevard.com for it and many other hotels.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:55 AM
elaine

Laurie
As Christina said, it's in a relatively expensive part of town, on the right bank, in the 1st arrondissement
(district). Walking distance to the Louvre. I have friends who stayed there two years ago and thought it was very nice indeed. The right bank is not as
"old Paris" nor as old world-charming as the left bank. I personally prefer staying on the right bank, but that is a minority opinion on this forum. The area around the Lotti is more 19th century and more wide open and with many more large hotels, and less residential
than the popular left bank hotel districts like the 5th, 6th, and 7th which have narrower streets, more student and residential areas, more architecture dating from older centuries, etc. There are a couple of very positive comments on the Lotti
in the hotel section of www.paris.org
I have a file on Paris;if you'd like to see it, email me.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:32 PM
ROBBIE

We have stayed at the Lotti twice. It is a very nice hotel in a great location. The staff is very helpful, knowledgable, and courteous. Most of them speak English. The first time we stayed there, we thought our room was too small. We were graciously showed several other rooms and promptly moved.

Feb 15th, 2001, 09:09 AM
x

I stay at the Lotti every time I go to Paris. The location is terrific - on Rue Castiglione beside the far more expensive Intercontinental. It is a very friendly hotel (Italian chain - Jolly) and not in the least stuffy. Rooms, in general, are large by paris standards and has lots of character.

Feb 24th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Deena

Around the corner you will find a very nice restaurant called La Souffle.It has many souffles available for each course or a nice regular menu also.