Reload this Page >

Antica Taverna in Rome

Search

Antica Taverna in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Emily

Antica Taverna in Rome

Looking for a good local family run restaurant in Rome. I heard the Antica Taverna was very good. I did a text search and I was wondering if anyone other than richardab has been there and liked it. Thanks for your input.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Ed

Don't recall the Antica Taverna. <BR> <BR>I can recommend the Ristorante Abruzzi on 1 via Vaccaro. About halfway between the Trevi and Trajan's Column, at the north end of the Pza. S. Apostoli. We've been going there for over 35 years now ... same family, same good food, same reasonable prices. Caters basically to the neighborhood. Most tourists you find there are there by happenstance. Closed Saturdays. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Jean

<BR>Emily, we ate there twice in June and it was VERY good. The manager there was a very friendly man who spoke English and was very helpful. There were several of us there, and none of us had anything to eat we didn't like, either day. <BR>(By the way, we went there after reading richardab's recommendation.) <BR>

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Amy

I will be in Rome in early Oct. Does anyone know if you need a reso at Antica Taverna? If so, do you know the phone number? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Amy

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Jean

<BR>No reservation necessary. This is a small restaurant in an alley with a few tables inside and a few tables outside.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 11:59 AM
richardab

I am glad to see that somebody went to my secret little restaurant that I recommended on my websight. This place is nothing fancy or special, just a nice meal in a friendly place! <BR> <BR>Check it out on my websight... <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Capo

Hi Richard. I've seen you mention your website before, but don't recall ever checking it out. I just did, and I think it's quite impressive. Also interesting to see you mention two places we ate (and drank) at and enjoyed, L'Antica Enoteca and Da Francesco. I noticed you said you felt the staff at L'Antica Enoteca was a bit stuffy. That very well may have been the case when you were there but on the three times we were there (we were staying at a pensione right on the Via della Croce) we didn't find that to be the case at all. We sat at the counter and the people behind the counter couldn't have been more helpful. (By the way, we also loved the place directly across the street, Pasticceria d'Angelo.)

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Marj

Try Mario's in Trastevere (via Moro). It was first introduced to me by locals 20 year ago. Just revisited it in March. It's nothing fancy to look at but has great home-cooked type food, friendly, filled with locals and unbelievably reasonable.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 09:14 PM
xxx

These all sound really good. I am going to Rome next week and think I will do my best to try them all!

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Susan

Hi Emily, <BR>I ate at Antica Taverna 2 times for dinner & once for lunch a month ago and it was great. I highly recommend it. <BR>Have fun. <BR>Susan

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 08:33 PM
deb

okay..where is this taverna..we leave for rome 10/24 for 7 nites and looking for good restaurant, moderately priced near the pantheon. <BR>please e-mail responses

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 07:21 PM
marcklo

I've ate at this restaurant twice when I was in Rome. It really was very nice.