Another Ireland car rental questions

Apr 8th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Another Ireland car rental questions

Hello,

Planning a trip for late May / early June for two weeks with my husband. I am really surprised how much the car rental quotes are compared to when we last visited in 2006. I've looked at several companies and the rates are all over the place, but if I am reading correctly, the best price for two weeks, with CDW but not super CDW, is a little over $400 for a manual. Does this sound in the ballpark?

We plan to do some golfing and also plan to bring our clubs. Consequently, I need to find out what size car others would recommend so that we can put the clubs in the trunk. We want something to accomodate the clubs, but also want to keep the car as small as possible.

So far I've been looking at the Ford Focus. Does anyone have any idea whether the trunk would accomodate 2 sets of golf clubs?

Many thanks in advance
Apr 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM

Had a Ford Focus last year and again this year, three people, three Med. pieces luggage and one set of clubs with no trouble. $400 for fourteen days for a Ford Focus with CDW is a very fair price. Have fun
Apr 8th, 2009, 07:56 AM

try dan dooley rent a car. i always got better rates with them than the big firms. Also if you use a black mastercard (or a world mastercard) I believe the insurance is covered so check into that option (ask the folks at Dan Dooley about that too)
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM

I'm looking at $700 for manual Ford Focus (with CDW) for 15 days in July; be happy you're going in May/June!
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Johnod, fraggy and skibumette,

Wow! I thought $400 was high. Will go with the Ford Focus and the rate with Hertz. Tried dan dooley and it was more, as was Autoeurope and Kemwel. Kemwel was the highest. Don't have the MC and heard it is a hassle to get the verifying letter.Don't want to get another credit card, as I get points on the one I have.

Actually I just want to get this painful part of the planning process over!

On to more fun things like finding places to stay.

Thanks for all your help.