Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Another Good AutoEurope Experience (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/another-good-autoeurope-experience-956104/)

StCirq Nov 8th, 2012 01:46 PM

Another Good AutoEurope Experience

We rented a car for 2 weeks in France from AutoEurope. We arranged with Europcar, the provider, in La Rochelle to keep the car for an extra day. Of course we knew we'd pay for that. We returned the car with 3/4 of a tank of gas, and of course knew we'd pay for the other 1/4.

When we received the bill, those charges were accurately listed. But there was another mysterious charge for 39.70 euros, so I called AutoEurope. They said they'd look into it, contact Europcar in La Rochelle, and let me know what they found out, and that it might take up to two weeks. Having not heard back from them in 2 weeks, I emailed them yesterday and got back a reply with an apology, saying that they had been tracking down Europcar but hadn't had a response yet. Today I got another email saying that they had been unable to get a satisfactory response from Europcar so they would pay the 39.70 euros back to us themselves.

I've always liked this company.

Dukey1 Nov 8th, 2012 02:01 PM

St. Cirq, I really hope you are advertising for AutoEurope because if you are someone here is going to take away your lunch money.

Michael Nov 8th, 2012 02:01 PM

I had a similar experience, but eventually called the local Europcar franchise in Pérogueux which reimbursed me once the misunderstanding was straightened out, and then I got money back from Autoeurope (or Kemwel) as well for my troubles.

Dukey1 Nov 8th, 2012 02:02 PM

oops..should be you are NOT advertising..yeah, I like them too..great service every time.

bobthenavigator Nov 8th, 2012 02:12 PM

I concur---they have bailed me out 3 times after the local yahoo got too frisky.

StCirq Nov 8th, 2012 02:14 PM

Dukey, I've been writing good things about AutoEurope on this board for years. And since so many folks just pop up to complain, I thought I'd put in a good word, again, for them. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever (except I've probably bankrolled a bunch of expensive vacations for their CEO over the last 30 years)!

BigRuss Nov 8th, 2012 03:18 PM

This is not the place for positive posts by frequent posters lauding companies they've dealt with. This board is ONLY for use by cranky patrons who have heretofore not posted and who use this space to gripe about the service/price/quality of what they received.

StCirq Nov 8th, 2012 05:05 PM

Sorry, BigRuss:) I'll try to contain myself when I have a positive experience in the future.

Did I mention I love AutoEurope?

cigalechanta Nov 8th, 2012 06:50 PM

Our car broke down on the Route de Napolean.
AutoEurope, had the car brought back to a garage and sent a taxi to take us to our hotel. The next day they phoned for us to pick up another car in nice (again, they sent a taxi)

Percy Nov 8th, 2012 07:21 PM

Wow !!!

What a company they must be.

LSky Nov 8th, 2012 10:59 PM

I've always liked AutoEurope too.

PalenQ Jan 3rd, 2013 07:50 AM

always good to highlight a company as responsible as this - all too often it ends with the customer getting stuck.

I will recommend AutoEurope to others in light of above comments.

Thanks for posting.

adrienne Jan 3rd, 2013 08:05 AM

I agree. I've always been pleased with the service from AutoEurope.

It's refreshing to read a positive post rather than those "beware" and "never frequent" horrors.

Michael Mar 19th, 2013 09:12 AM

Autoeurope generally provides good service. I just received a phone call to tell me that the local provider has changed its hours at the Limoges airport and that I will need to use the drop box.

PalenQ Mar 19th, 2013 10:28 AM

Is AutoEurope the only good car rental company in Europe - what about others that also do good stuff - or is it only AutoEurope?

curious

StCirq Mar 19th, 2013 10:30 AM

AutoEurope isn't in Europe.

Odin Mar 19th, 2013 10:43 AM

I've used AutoEurope for rentals in the US and South Africa. I rarely bother to look at other consolidators because their prices are always the cheapest.

PalenQ Mar 19th, 2013 10:48 AM

AutoEurope isn't in Europe.>

I thought you posted some Munich address recently on another thread where you said most people rent from Auto Europe rather than Hertz - I thought by that you meant they do have a presence in Europe?

lrock5 Mar 19th, 2013 10:53 AM

We just used them in Sicily with a positive experience also.

janisj Mar 19th, 2013 10:54 AM

>>AutoEurope isn't in Europe.<< . . . and it isn't a 'rental company'