Reload this Page >

Low cost accom St. Moritz & Zermatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 06:36 AM
Andrew Scheer

My wife and I are staying overnight in St. Moritz (30/10) and Zermatt (1/11) . We are travelling the Glacier express on 31/10. <BR>We would like ' lower' cost accom, clean quiet double with private facilities near the train stations. Any recommendations (if you've stayed there recently) and cost, please? (please also reply direct to [email protected] <BR>Thanks, Andrew and Libby <BR>

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 01:49 PM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Andrew Have none <BR>for direct references, however here are <BR>a few urls to check out for the inform- <BR>ation you are looking for!! <BR> <BR>www.swisshotels.ch/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.zermattwalk.ch/ <BR>www.hostelwatch.com/ <BR>www.backpacker.ch/ <BR>www.stmoritz.ch/ <BR>206.139.242.25/about/about.html/ <BR>www.tourismus.ch/ <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL.....

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 02:39 PM
Raleigh

My wife and really enjoyed Hotel Malva in Zermatt five years ago. Zermatt is georgeous! It was about $95 US. I think our room number was 17 - you can lie on the bed and view the Matterhorn. Nice long tub to soak in also. <BR> <BR>Enjoy!

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 07:35 AM
Andrew Scheer

Thank you Richard and also Raleigh, much appreciated. <BR> <BR>Has anyone else suggestions (if you've stayed at either St. Moritz or Zermatt), please? <BR> <BR>Regards, Andrew. <BR>

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 05:56 PM
June

It's been several years, but we enjoyed the Hotel Bamby in Zermatt. Wasn't too fancy, but very nice and clean...as if anything else exists in Switzerland. Wonderful view of Matterhorn. Phone at time was 011-41-28-67-23-78. Enjoy where ever you go.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 07:30 PM
Andrew Scheer

Thanks June, appreciated. <BR> <BR>Anyone else? <BR> <BR>Andrew. <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 10:16 PM
Bill Fleites

Andrew, I was in Zermatt earlier this year and I stayed at the Hotel Butterfly for one night. I enjoyed my stay there, it was economical (less than $100 if I remember correctly), the room was clean, breakfast and dinner where complimentary with the room.

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 05:21 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Andrew, Everyone is giving you Zermatt <BR>input but nothing for St. Moritz. It is <BR>an expensive town, as you might guess, <BR>but one of the best values and locations <BR>is the Hotel Hauser. Not very cute but <BR>sure is convenient.

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 06:19 AM
Andrew Scheer

Thank you Bill and <BR>Thank you Bob. <BR> <BR>Has anyone suggestions for St. Moritz, please? <BR>