We are planning a 15 day on the ground trip to Europe - urban experience ideally as we have a 5 week "beach" sabbatical planned for the month of June as a family. Brussels is in the itinerary (really can't cut it out unless we skip Paris) because we have to see family. My husband has never been to Europe except Madrid. We are skipping Madrid sightseeing entirely because we have both been. Please advise if this itinerary makes sense and is feasible. I took Girona out of this itinerary because I thought we would get that "feeling" in Andalusia and Toledo. I'm concerned I have cut Andalusia too short? Is this enough time to get a nice sense of the towns? This trip is just me and my husband - leaving kids with the grandparents! Really hoping for some suggestions. We planned to stay not too far from the train station in Madrid because of the Toledo and Cordoba trips... Lastly, would love advise on whether it makes sense to rent a car in Cordoba and return in Seville or just take public transit.
Mon May 11- arrive Madrid 6:30pm, sleep Madrid
May 12 - am Toledo day trip, sleep Madrid
May 13 - am train Cordoba, day Cordoba night tour of Cordoba sleep Cordoba
May 14 - morning Cordoba, then train or drive to Granada sleep Granada
May 15 - Alhambra am, then late afternoon train or drive Seville sleep Seville
May 16 - Seville sleep Seville
May 17 - Fly Barcelona (am or pm?)
May 18, 19 - Barcelona
May 20 : morning flight Paris
May 20- 25 - Paris
May 25: mid-afternoon train to Brussels
May 26 - Brussels (seeing family)
May 27 - home from brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lalantop:: AOL 1800:681:7208 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT Aol Tec*h by ak/47
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 FuLu Mandarijn Amsterdam
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Visit to France
- 13 First time in Spain
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 25 Which Area in London?