Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   andalusia tour (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/andalusia-tour-723407/)

zeevfl Jul 24th, 2007 08:38 AM

andalusia tour

We are couple around age 50.planning trip to the south of Spain about two weeks
approximately, begin from middle October ( constraints of time ).

Day 1 - landing Malaga .
Departure Malaga with rented car,one driver,(with g.p.s until the last day),direction Torremolinos,Mijas,Marbella,Ronda ( lodging in Ronda).
Day 2-. Ronda, and the white villages near Ronda . ( lodging in Ronda)
Day 3- The white villages between Ronda, Acros de la Frontera. ( lodging in Ronda ).
Day 4 - departure to Gibraltar ( lodging in the area )
Day 5- continue to Tarifa,Cabo de Trafalgar,Cadiz( lodging in the city ).
Day 6-morning at Cadiz, continue to Jerej de la frontera and from there to to Sevilla (lodging in the city ).
Day 7-staying in Sevilla (lodging in the city ).
Day 8- departure to Cordoba ( lodging Cordoba ).
Day 9 - continue direction Ubeda to park Cazorla ( lodging in the area ) .
Day 10 - continue to Guadix ( houses by the caves ), Granada, ( lodging in Granada).
Day 11- staying in Granada, ( lodging in Granada).
Day 12- Sierra Nevada,Pico Veleta,Alpujarras( lodging in Granada)
Day 13– From Granada southward towards the sea, through Motril, Nerja and Malaga. (lodging Malaga).
Day 14- To Malaga airport.
We will be happy to receive opinions from those who experienced similar trip or parts from this tour. We will be happy to receive ideas how to plan a better plan.

1 ).Distances and driving time for the itinerary, from point to point ,are calculated by using Michelin website.
2 ) in order to the save time places of the lodging are invited in advance.
3 ) I have previous experience from similar trips.

Any tips will get accepted with thanks.

kja Jul 24th, 2007 08:54 AM

Hi, zeevfl -
I see that you've added an extra night in both Sevilla and Granada. I think you'll find a great deal of interest in both locations.
Enjoy!

amsdon Jul 24th, 2007 08:43 PM

I personally would opt out of Gibraltar and have even more time in Sevilla or somewhere else.

car Jul 25th, 2007 02:04 AM

I think you have too much Ronda and not enough Sevilla, I will avoid Gibraltar. In the way from Tarifa to Gibraltar I will suggest to stay in one of the villages, like Conil, or Vejer instead of Cadiz.
The Granada part involves a lot of mountain driving, and sun sets early in october so just consider this fact when planning your day trips.

blackduff Jul 25th, 2007 03:35 AM

zeevfl
This is a much bigger plan but I still agree about dropping Gibraltar and cut the time for Ronda.

Take a look at the Michelin book and see which places are of most interest for your trip. You mentioned earlier that you're in Judaisim (sp??) so maybe a bit more time in Sevilla be worthwhile. The Barrio Santa Cruz is the old jewish section in Sevilla. I'm not exactly to the judaisim in Sevilla but it's worth looking deeper.

Cadiz as a lodging place is expensive. The poster is correct about Conil or Vejer, instead of Cadiz.

All in all you've refined your plans.

Blackduff