Analucia Intinerary/Travel Agent

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are putting together a trip to Spain for our honeymoon in September. We are working with Madrid and Beyond as our travel agents, I wonder if anyone has had experience with them - apparently they want me to give them my credit card info without having me sign a contract or anything. I'm a bit leery about that.

Anyway, here's the trip we've put together, I'd love some input on how hectic this is going to be:

Day 1: Arrive in Madrid/spend night
Day 2: Train to Cordoba. Spend the day in Cordoba, then take the train on to Seville. Spend the night in Seville
Day 3 & 4: Seville
Day 5: Pickup rental car. Drive to Vejer de Fronterra/spend the night there
Day 6: Another night in Vejer
Day 7: Drive to Ronda/spend night
Day 8: Ronda
Day 9: Drive to Nerja/Spend night
Day 10: Drive Granada/drop off car
Day 11: Granada
Day 12: Fly back to Madrid/spend night
Day 13: Flight back to US

What do you think? Is it too much? Will the driving be navigable? Also, we had considered staying in the paradors, but the travel agent is recommending some smaller boutique hotels instead. I'd love some input!
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM

I think you can feel fairy comfortable with Madrid & Beyond. They know what they are doing and can be trusted. As far as the credit card goes, you have control of the account and can always contest any questionable charges. It's simple a form of protection on their end to let them know you are serious in making a commitment before they invest too must time and energy.

You may want to consider cutting back a little on travel for your honeymoon. Madrid certainly deserves more than one night, especially your first night in Spain.

Have you read any of Maribel's Guides (http://maribelsguides.com)? They should help you in planning this once in a lifetime (?) adventure.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Personnally I would find that way too hectic for any sort of holiday but that is a very personal thing. You obviously want to spend as much time as possible in Andalucia and suspect that you have to fly in and out of Madrid. Is it possible for you to fly straight to Seville or Granada? Depending on what you are looking for - cities vs smaller towns, I would suggest a bit longer in Seville, choosing between Ronda and Verjer de Fronterra and spending time there and then a couple of nights in Granada at the end - i.e. omit Cordoba, if you cannot fly straight to Seville get the AVE fast train and then omit Nerja perhaps. I do not know that travel agent at all but wonder why you are using an agent in Madrid for an Andalucia based holiday.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your input! I am concerned that this is a lot of moving around. But, from what I have been reading, everyone is saying that 2 nights in Ronda is more than enough time to see everything there. I really want to get to the coast, so Vejer de Fronterra or Nerja is a must. We do want to have time to stop at the cafes and take in the local culture - not just visit all of the tourist attractions. Hmm, maybe I need to rework this a little.

Oh, an the travel agent has also included breakfast for us at all of the hotels. Do you think we should skip this and just search out breakfast on our own?
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM

I agree with eliza, since it seems you really aren't going to be spending any time in Madrid, why not fly into Seville (or at least Malaga,) which is much nearer you destinations.

I'm not so sure about spending 2 nights in Vejer--it's lovely, but dont much to really do. I'd add another night to Seville.

Congratulations!
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

That's an interesting point about Vejer. We had thought about day-tripping to Cadiz from there, but maybe not? We definitely want to spend some time near the beaches, but maybe more time in Nerja would be an option? And then maybe only one night in Vejer and/or Ronda?

We are stuck with the flights in and out of Madrid - they are already booked. But we have a full day/night there when we arrive, and another day/nigth before we leave.

It's so tough to choose!