an apartment on Rue St Severin

May 3rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

an apartment on Rue St Severin

Does anyone know anything about this area other than a pedesterian street? Looking at an apt offer there. Good choice or not?
May 3rd, 2004, 10:05 PM

This street is very noisy.
May 4th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

thanks I am getting desperate! Going in June and need an apt for 3 adults and the good ones seem to be gone, gone! Guess I will keep looking. Although the apt does have ac so no windows would be open, well we'll see how desperate I get! Thanks, again
May 4th, 2004, 06:31 AM

try www.halliger.com
May 4th, 2004, 06:41 AM

I tried to stay there. I moved.
Greek songs in the middle of the night were not my verre d' vin blanc
May 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM

Also they smash dinner plates to attract tourists so they will hopefully venture into the Greek restaurants.
May 4th, 2004, 07:53 AM

When in June do you arrive? How long will you stay? The place we are renting will be, I think, open after the 10th.
May 4th, 2004, 10:22 AM

It is one of the most congested tourist areas in Paris, but some folks don't mind that. Someone just a day or two ago posted about their stay in the Parc St Severin hotel right there and said she liked the area a lot. I think you'll get a couple viewpoints if you search on the word severin within France.

I would never stay there myself as I dislike that area a lot due to all the street traffic and tourist businesses (which do attract lowlifes, pickpockets, etc, so beware around there), but if you keep the windows closed that will help a lot. There isn't really a grocery store near there, either, but there will be smaller shops to buy stuff.

Where did you manage to find an apt. with AC, I think others will want to know about that as they are quite rare.
May 4th, 2004, 12:48 PM

I may have been the one who posted about Hotel Parc St. Severin. However, I want to point out that the hotel is located on rue de la Parcheminerie, which is the other side of the church from rue St. Severin. We didn't have any problem with noise, but the noise could be a lot different on rue St. Severin, as I would say that the noisier part of rue de la Harpe is more towards rue St. Severin than rue de la Parcheminerie. Hope this helps!
May 4th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I stayed there last Spring -- lots of noise and touristy activity, but incredibly fun and a great location for stay of several days. I'm not sure I'd want to live there. . .
May 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM

mmm.... I posted to your other question about this as well...
I thought it was some mysterious you see a topic and POOF, its gone again..so you reposted...
May 4th, 2004, 01:37 PM

I went to the above-mentioned website halliger.com... and laughed myself silly. That is not comparing apples to apples, oranges to oranges.
I'll bet a St. Severin studio or apartment is around 500/800E's a week.
I'll bet 1"E" that those GORGEOUS APARTMENTS are a tad more! But they are LOVELY.
Maybe you should do a note just about them. HAve you stayed in them?
Or, are you affiliated with them?
May 4th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Seamus, we will be arriving the 21st of June for 7 nights. I appreciate any info . Yes, I looked at www.halliger.com, looks great, but over my budget. We, family of 3 adults ,are going to be traveling for 3 weeks, London, Normandy and Paris so trying to stretch the dollar. Well, I don't like the info I am getting about Rue St Severin, so I am still looking. I have even gone to Citadines website. La Defense Citadine is afffordable, but seems so far out from the center of Paris. Any help with this I appreciate!
May 4th, 2004, 05:09 PM

bcity-
if you will email me offline at [email protected].net I'll be glad to send you info about the place we are staying. Sounds like it may meet your needs