Just saw this review of Amsterdam's famous Hotel de l'Europe, which has just undergone a $85 million rehab - the picture in the review struck me as though I have been by this Amsterdam landmark many times did not know who venerable, famous and extravagant this luxury hotel was and is.
And surprised to see it is owned by the Heineken family - wonder was is on tap in the hotel bars?
And the hotel also appeared in a Hitchcock movie - no doubt because of its unique position that has it kind of looking like a boat from afar!
Anyway anyone looking for a luxury hotel with history check it out. Others like me will just have to ogle the unique facade.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 2 Self Drive UK tour
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 5 Where to See Flamenco
- 6 Rail vs. Plane
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Arezzo - how much time?
- 9 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 10 2 week May trip with kids
- 11 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 14 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 15 New Years in France
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 20 Which Aran Island??
- 21 Spain or Portugal
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 25 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren