Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam to Illesheim germany(thats near Nurnberg) How long of a drive?

Mar 14th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Denise

Hi this is a first time trip to europe and I would like to know if anyone could help me figure out how long of a drive it would be from amsterdam to Illesheim, Germany. That is near the town of Nurnberg, Germany. And if you know of any good senic routes to take. also keep in mind we only have a few days.

Mar 14th, 2001, 12:54 PM
wes fowler

Denise,
It's about 375 miles and 5+ hours drive time from Amsterdam to Illesheim. Almost all of the drive will be on autobahn (autoweg in the Netherlands) which is hardly ascenic drive. How few are the few days you've got? Will you be flying out of Amsterdam on your return home? Need more info to give you any meaningful suggestions. There certainly are opportunities for scenery and sightseeing if you have time to get off the autobahns.

Mar 14th, 2001, 01:05 PM
denise

Arthur, thanks for the reply.we will be leaving Amsterdam on the 6th of April, and are flying out of Paris on the 12th.thought we would go to Luxembourg on the way to Paris, after Illesheim.Would be happy with any suggestions.

Mar 14th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Denise

That letter was sent to Wes. I'm sorry not authur. This is the first time I've used fodors. Got so excited did it wrong

Mar 14th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Art

Hi Denise, how did you know that I was going to post?? Agree with Wes to the timing and also his comments re your time available. What time of the year will you be there. It can be a beautiful drive through the Netherlands in April and May when the flowers are in bloom. There are castles to view, villages to explore etc. For a basicly flat country, I always loved the Netherlands for the cleanliness, flowers in bloom, the art gallories in Amsterdam, the Minuature Village 'Murodam' in The Haige and many more sights. Have a great trip.