Reload this Page >

Amsterdam/Paris - pictures!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:15 AM
s.fowler

Here is the web address for our recent [March 15-23] trip to Paris & Amsterdam with our Macedonian "family." Which is why there are so many "people pictures"] <BR>http://geocities.com/travelswithus/march01/index.html <BR> <BR>I will try to post a full report later, but feel free to ask any questions you have based on these pages.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Teri

Sally: <BR> <BR>Your pictures are fantasitic! Thanks for sharing them with us. <BR>Teri

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Ess

I enjoyed looking at your pictures, too. Thank you. What type camera did you use?

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:47 AM
s.fowler

Thanks to you both for your kind words. <BR>My camera is an Olympus Stylus with a zoom 35-70 I think. It's seen better days, but still manages to pull one out once in a while

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:27 AM
nina

Just wanted to say that I love those pictures! I'm leaving for Paris and Italy in 15 days and seeing those pictures is just getting me excited! Any tips or suggestions for me while I'm in Paris????

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Beth Anderson

wow - great pics! <BR> <BR>glad you had such a great time. <BR> <BR>thanks for sharing! <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Nano

Great photos and commentary! Thank you.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 02:10 AM
s.fowler

Again thanks for the comments. <BR> <BR>My Paris "secret" is to fully explore the neighborhood I'm in. This time we were back in the 7eme, which means we didn't get to any of the restaurants that we enjoyed in the 6eme or 5eme from previous trips. But we did FINALLY get to a small wine bar I've been wanting to visit for 10 year! <BR> <BR>Also plan your day so things are connected -- and sometimes that doesn't have to do with physical closeness, but on whether you can get there on one metro ride without changes from where you are. For example -- the first day we went to Montmartre and then to Musee D'Orsay. To get there we had to change at Madeleine, but the line that Abesses station is on drops you within a pleasant walk of the museum at Assemble Nationale. On another day we took the metro to St. Sebastian-Froissart [near the Picasso Museum, then walked to the "Beauborg". It would have been more awkward the other way around. [FYI we were on line 8 -- Ecole Militaire]

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Jean

I enjoyed your pictures--what a great job you did, editorials and all! <BR> <BR>Noticed those heavy coats--in Paris, how cold was it? Windy? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Jean