Reload this Page >

Amsterdam on New Year's Eve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 01:10 PM
grasshopper

Anyone have any idea what interesting happenings might be going on; other than the regular interesting happenings in AMS?

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 01:43 PM
Elizabeth

Ther may be a thread on this subject alreayd, suggest you do an A'dam search. Main thing: firecrackers everywhere.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:16 PM
grasshopper

Tried that of course, unfortunately nothing specific to New Year's eve.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 07:28 PM
Elizabeth

If there's no thread here, then there's one on aol, if you can get to their travel boards--I remember reading & writing on it within the past year. Very specifically, New Year's Eve in Amsterdam.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:36 PM
Monique

unless you are from Chicago or Antartica and are used to that kind of weather your gonna freeze. I have never been so cold in my like as a December in Amsterdam. But what neat city. I enjoyed the museams there the Rijstik (sp?) more then the Louvre. I know shoot me but I loved it. Have fun there are lots of clubs both straight and gay. It really is a diverse city.

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 01:29 AM
David

I echo Monique's comment above - I have spent several New Years Eves in Amsterdam and at midnight everyone is on the streets letting off fire crackers. Last time I actually went back to my hotel for an hour to warm up as it was so cold. -17C, windy, frozen canals and iced over cobbled streets. But still a great place.

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 06:10 AM
Patrick

You might want to check out the Nov/Dec issue of Nationa Geographic Traveler (not to be confused with the regular National Geographic magazine). There is an extensive article on Christmas in Amsterdam with mention of a lot of special events which may spill over into New Years.