I will be in London in mid-October (around Oct 15th) for a few days and was wondering if I should visit Amsterdam. How is the weather in Amsterdam that time of the year? Not only the weather but the city itself. A friend of mine visited Amsterdam a couple of days after New Year in January and found it nearly empty as if the city had packed up and gone home. While I prefer to avoid hordes of crowd like anyone else, I would rather see lively, vibrant streets rather than a ghost town
If the trip to Amsterdam is not worth it that time of the year, I could save it for some other time (though I don't know when that would be, could be a few years as I visit Europe once in a couple of years)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Which Area in London?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Trains - website?
- 8 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 9 Paris Apartment
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 14 Milan airport--which one
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach