Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Hotel - JagerShuis??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Amanda

Have you ever heard of this hotel? Can you tell me anything about it - location, etc.? It's a travel-agent recommended hotel - and I prefer the recommendations of travelers!! I am grateful for any assistance you may provide....<BR>thanks!<BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Wayne

Go back to your travel agent and ask for a web site or e-mail address for the hotel. If the travel agent is doing his/her job, they will also have the hotel address, phone number, and some kind of general description. I'm positive the hotel will at least have e-mail capability, so you can send questions yourself. Once you have a street address, any number of persons on this site can help you find the exact location. The hotel name means "hunter's house" in Dutch, and although that doesn't give you a clue that it's in an old hunting lodge, you might tuck the info away and use it when appropriate.

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:07 AM
what i found/did

I've just arranged my 1st trip to Amsterdam for mid-June. In my hotel research it seemed, most important is to find out the neighborhood of the hotel. Many looked good but turned out were a 15 min. train ride outside the city or like that. The neighborhoods are named and pretty easy to understand looking at a good map. I generally don't trust travel agents and always do my own arrangements (so far so good!). www.amsterdamhotspots.com was a recommend and helpful site. Plus I bought a "Let's Go Amsterdam".

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:46 AM
carol

Hi there...just looking at this post and wondered if this Jagershuis is the one that has a painting of an old man with a moustache (i believe he is hunting)... (done decades ago)...rather ironic as i was visiting a friend the other day and she showed me a photo of this painting that she took when she was there 20 years ago...it's her grandfather....no kidding!!! If my memory serves me correct it is in Gelderland...anyone know????

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:30 PM
pv

Not in Amsterdam, as such<BR><BR>http://www.bookings.nl/hotels/jagershuis<BR><BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Amanda

Thanks PV for the website - MUCH appreciated. Not sure if I want to stay that far out or not....<BR><BR>Many thanks for the assistance!