Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Amsterdam hotel for 65 year old American couple - small and personal
Notices

Amsterdam hotel for 65 year old American couple - small and personal

Feb 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Amsterdam hotel for 65 year old American couple - small and personal

Friends of ours from Williamsburg are traveling to Amsterdam as the start of a Rhein River Cruise in April. They are going to Amsterdam two days early (April 11 and 12). On the 13th they need to move to the Movenpick but I though the first two days it would be great to get them someplace on a nice canal in a nice neighborhood. Not a big American hotel. Any ideas?

Groetjes!
Feb 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Wee...surely have one to recommend. It's still on my Top Ten List worlwide. Delightful, small, boutiquey, alongside the quiet Regulier Canal, nice neighborhood..Hotel Seven Bridges.

http://www.sevenbridgeshotel.nl/cms/

stu
Mar 1st, 2012, 04:20 AM

I stayed at Estherea and loved it. It's on the water and in the city center. I found the location wonderful, near many restaurants and within walking distance of most of my destinations. The staff could not have been nicer. I would certainly recommend it.
Mar 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM

I also suggest Seven Bridges Hotel.
Mar 1st, 2012, 06:39 AM

If it's still there, the small Italian restaurant on the corner near Seven Bridges Hotel is a wonderful place to eat. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the restaurant.
Mar 1st, 2012, 07:42 AM

It's a short, clorful walk from 7 Bridges to the heart of town. Going the other way, the Rijks Museum and the diamond district are also close. I don't recall the Italian resto, Zoe. Happy to see you are also a 7 Bridges fan.
Stu
Mar 1st, 2012, 08:19 AM

We loved Hotel Ambassade, right on the Herengraght Canal. It was recommened to us by a friend who lived nearby.It's comprised of several gabled merchants' homes that have been made into the hotel and it's near the Seven Streets shopping area too.
Mar 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM

We loved The Bridge Hotel (not the same as Seven Bridges).
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM

http://www.hotelbrouwer.nl/hoteleng.html

Loved this charming little hotel, right on a canal with some rooms overlooking bridges along another canal. Great location and very helpful staff.

Search this Thread