I am taking my 2 daughters and 2 nieces to Europe this May. They are all Early 20s. We are landing in Amsterdam and working our way down the Mosel valley to Paris in 14 days.
We are taking 1 backpack and 1 20" rolling carry on each. I've researched the temps, and the weather histories say
high of around 60 and lows in the 40s. Based in this we were thinking of the packable down coats from Eddie Bauer. They are super warm, and pack down really small. We could layer this over sweaters and use scarves, etc to keep warm.
However, I read a thread on here which said all you need is a light jacket or windbreaker and a sweater. It seems most imply it is just horribly tacky to wear one of these jackets in Europe.
I am hoping for some advice on what type of outerwear is needed for this time of year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 6 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 Moscow Hotels
- 11 Rome Hotel
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Getting around Lisbon
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)